Stomach problems..... really getting me down now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I'm a 45 year old woman and up until last August never suffered with any stomach problems. One eve last August had a really upset tum thought it was a bug. Happened every 3 weeks until November when I had the most horrendous stomach cramps, bloating switching from constipation to diarrhoea. This has continued of and on since. The pain is worse than child birth... had 3 babies so no what I'm talking about. Had a colonoscopy... all clear. Ct scan.... all clear now wants to do a mri scan on small intestine. It doesn't matter what I eat it still happens. I woke last sunday morning with awful tummy pains couldnt even go to the toilet, the smell when I eventually went smelt like something had died and rotted.... sorry to be so crude but hardly ate that day so no idea what is going on. Just felt so down and it's really taking over my life. Anyone else suffering or got any ideas to help?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try ultimate Flora critical care 50 billion probiotics.   Keep in refrigerator.. take one a day, buy at a health food store.. best thing for bad bacteria gut or bowel.   Have suggested this to others but don’t think they ever try it.  Try it will take a couple of weeks...

• Posted

Might be IBS if the pain moves about your stomach.  Try a food diary to see if a food is irritating your stomach.
    • Posted

It doesnt matter what i eat, no rhyme or reason as to why it's happening. And it's all down my left side nothing across my stomach or right side.

• Posted

So if it is IBS not sure how to treat it. Have tried buscopan and it doesn't work so totally at my wits ends with this continuous pain. I have ordered the probiotics to see if it helps.... read some wonderful reviews so fingers crossed.

• Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask if he or she thinks you have IBS.  Ask for a different antispasmodic.  Sometimes you have to try several.
  • Posted

Would also suggest checking for gallstones/gallbladder function just in case. 
    • Posted

Someone else said that but some doctors look at you like it's all in your mind when you make a suggestion. I'm not eating half of what I use too try and keep foods to a healthy standard and I'm not losing any weight in fact I seem to be gaining. Just doesn't make any sense.

• Posted

Very true.. but it wouldn't hurt. All about finding the right doctor who wants to help you. I hope you find out what's wrong, it's no fun to live like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.