stomach rumbling irritable bowell

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have ibs-d the hardest part I find is the humilating noises that emanate from my stomach and bowells , ive had to leave 2 relationships because of the embaressment , i dread being anywhere quiet ,

Its worse when im in bed so it is impossible to start a relationship, im only 32 and throught of being alone for my life horrible , I have tried everything going probiotics changes to diet medications like mobeverine dicloverine , iive been reading though alot of forums no mention of anyone else who has a rumbling belly any advice or just someone who knows how I feel would be lovely

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

*relationships ended
  • Posted

Hi Carrie

I was just browsing forums concerning IBS and had to reply to your post as it struck a cord. My gastrologist just told me I had IBS after doing tests for infections and celiac etc. It started for me around 11 months ago, I have pretty much had all the typical issues with it for that entire period. Along the obvious issues of the others, the one that gets to me the most is my constant stomach rumblings, or gas, which is the cause for me. Really anytime after I eat I just struggle with it for hours afterwards. I feel entirely unable to be in a bed with someone...it's just too quiet a situation.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice as I basically became as recluse as I could and have avoided all relationships since it started sad I can say that exercise, sit ups, running, pressups whatever takes your fancy, help a LOT. Other than that, I don't know what to say, this sucks, all of it. I feel for you as I am in the same boat and hope things work out, good luck

• Posted

Hey thanks for replying ive not heard from anyone else who has the rumbly monster ! Lol it is a weird illness to be afflicted with feel so silly when I tell docters they look as if im mad !

Recently ive had it 10 years the last 3 being the worst an ive tried everything like I said, excercise didnt work a new one ive discoverd is aloe vera tablets from that famous health store in the uk h@b , im using tablets there natures garden aloe vera gel capsules and so far its tamed the beast ...god I hope for good but ill let yu know

Eating less carbs an less fruit n veg helped

• Posted

an update aloe vera helped but not for long sad

im now trying vitamin D3 supplements which i have been reading some interesting things about

hows things for you fred ?

• Posted

Hi Carry

I have the same problem, rumble starts on the bottom right hand side of the stomach after every meal and especially in the morning, and it gets lowder. Also have a lot of intestinal gas and flatulence no matter what I eat, coupled with pain and urge to go to the toilet asap.

Ashamed when I go to meetings and cant last for more than an hour. I think it may be helicobacter or a bacteria (in excess) that feeds on what we eat and thats why produces so much gas.

• Posted

I get gurgling and stomach noises all the time it's takeing over my life to the point I don't want to leave the house also excessive loud flatulence so embarrassing.

• Edited

I have the same issues , the flatulence is the most embarrasing.Its awful .I have tried so many things but nothing seems to work for long.I am gluten and lactose free at the moment , taking pro bioticsand buscopan but nothing seems to work for long if at all..I miss meals often as if I don't eat issues are less likely.

The only positive is that I am glad I live alone !

• Posted

Hey, i have the rumbling stomach too! Infact its rumbling and popping now lol. I havent been in a relationship for over a year because of this! I suffer with ibs and people who dont have ibs dont seem to understand! But i constantly have 'gas' too and it seems to be of an evening. Theres no way i could start a relationshio with someone when im like this. Hopefully someone can give us some sort of idea on how this can be controlled. The exercise is a good idea though i might try that!smile i know how your feeling though its very degrading sad
    • Posted

There should be a dating website for people with IBS! Lol

I'm up at 5am listening to my annoying, loud stomach noises as we speak ugh. I didn't know I had IBS till very recently. The gas and stomach noise is out of control. I just started probiotics so too early to tell. I'm planning on my dietary changes. My diet is sinful and probably a big factor in my IBS. Anyways good luck everyone.

• Posted

Hi

I have spent my life with a noisy stomach it starts to let me know i need to eat then it continues after i eat and never really stops. The gas issue i have sorted though as i used to pass gas at an alarming rate every morning the minute i got up. Firstly giving up all processed carbs like cereal,pasta, rice ,bread .Then also sweet potatoes and potatoes. I take alflorex eat small amounts regularly. I do excerise i run so that might help not sure on that. I think windy green vegetables need to be taken with caution ie cabbage and of course beans. If you're r like me and enjoy a drink socially try avoiding beer this kills me i drink wine instead. I hope this helps as it has me. I have been diagnosed also with Ibs . On the relationship front it never affected me im married so try not to stress on that.

• Posted

hi I know this is a old post but did you ever find anything to solve this annoying and uncomfortable stomach gurgling noises.

• Posted

hi ... i am wondering if i have ibs... the noise from my stomach is unreal... all day every day i have it... i have lower abdomen pain round the bladder region... and lower back ache continually... i have had these symptoms 3 months ...
  • Posted

i have similar thing. lower right rumbling and pain (sometimes this is a dull ache constantly there), lower back pain sometimes and oh how can i forget the gas...oh my this is sooooooo emabrrassing and loud.  has anyone found any miracle cure?  im having a colonoscopy in april which is scaring me as i keep convincing myself there is a blockage making all this happen.  right now it seems like charcoal tablets are working but prob those will stop too.  my gp also told me i have ibs but nothing seems to work and why is the pain and rumbling on the right side only? 
    • Posted

I have lower back pain too about tailbone and it's constant and sometimes both buttbones.. I get my insurance April 1st so I already have appt to see gastro.. I get rumbling noises too especially if I eat dairy... My tests in bloodwork were normal and stool test normal ... I'm sure I need colonoscopy tho too... I have pressure in my rectum do any of you!? And constipated sometime and loose stools... It worsens if I stress... Which is always along with depression and anxiety... My lower ab feels sore sometimes and I get pain under ribs and kidney area... This is the worst ever ... Idk of its stress or something scary and that's what's worrying me the most... My lower back pain is constant... And it's a dull pain...
    • Posted

Hi,

I also suffer from

Anxiety and also with pressure in rectum occasionally. The worst part apart from the gas is the pain in my right side. If I lay down I feel a tugging sensation, it is relieved when I pass gas or have a bowel movement but doesn't last for long . I also get my upper thigh pulling when my back aches. I really give up snd I really want this to stop so I can lead a normal life!

• Posted

It may be ur gallbladder. . Get that checked out especially with the right side pain . If u start getting pain in ur right shoulder area and under your sternum , gas , diarrhea and nausea definitely ur gallbladder
    • Posted

Nicole. did you see the gastro? I know this is an old post but an update would be appreciated. Any connection with the lower back pain you described? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.