stomach rumbling irritable bowell

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have ibs-d the hardest part I find is the humilating noises that emanate from my stomach and bowells , ive had to leave 2 relationships because of the embaressment , i dread being anywhere quiet ,

Its worse when im in bed so it is impossible to start a relationship, im only 32 and throught of being alone for my life horrible , I have tried everything going probiotics changes to diet medications like mobeverine dicloverine , iive been reading though alot of forums no mention of anyone else who has a rumbling belly any advice or just someone who knows how I feel would be lovely

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I suffer from IBS and have divererticulosis. I have been in so many medications. It was my Son, who researches natural remidies. He told me about Slippery Elm.... what a life saver for me!!!!

I it a natural food product that coats your GI tract.

Do your research. The best price is on Amazon. On review

I have not found anything negative. I take four three times a day.

dont be alarmed at tbe quantity that you need to take. It is a

food product not a drug. I have no attacks now for almost a

year!!!!!!!

Good luck to you!!!

• Posted

Just wondering if anyone found any soloutions to this as im also experiencing same symptoms   i had my gall bladder removed nearly 7 months ago and not been same since,  the grumbling loud noises and exsessive gas is so embarrasing  all blood test came back ok 
    • Posted

I had my GB removed in 2000 & have had these same issues since.  Any doctor tells me IBS.  Apparently bile (normally stored in GB & released when needed) just spills out when we eat now and causes issues.  My stomach is loud & embarrassing.  I plan my mornings so that I do not leave the house within an hour of eating, because I know I will have to use the bathroom, which unfortunately is almost always an urgent situation & lots of cramping/pain.  I have just had to adjust to all of this.  

• Posted

Funny you should say this. I had my gallbladder out and since then I've suffered with a grumbling stomach and suffer with diarrhoea a lot. And after I've eaten I either have to go to the toilet or I get the rumbling stomach

• Posted

Try taking probiotics and slippery elm and eliminate dairy replacing milk with fortified almond milk.This should help the bloating,gas and rumbling tummy.

hope this helps .

• Posted

Hi Carryv, I know exactly how you feel. I'm a 28 year old woman, who's been dealing with this for years. The stomach rumbling is the worst, basically because it sounds like you're darting. I don't know how it feels for you, but for me I can feel it coming and try to move around a lot or stand up to drowned out the sound. It sucks, I'm trying to find out how to make this stop. I have tried probiotics, but it mostly just helps with the bloating of my stomach sometimes, it probably has to do more with what I eat, I need to be more careful. But anyway, good luck and if you find anything that helps, please share. Thanks.

• Posted

I also suffer from the same situation lately. The gurgling only stared lately which replaced the sharp pains under my ribs and lower abdomen. Since the doctors keep saying it is a virus, I did alot of research and testing myself to find out what was ging on. I think what really started to put things back on track was taking a gas aid called Gas-X. It has simithicone in it which disperses the gas and within 24hrs the pains subsided although now I have the gurgling. I really thinks the pain was gas buildup when standing (gas rises) and when I laid down I felt better. In the case of being too noisey at night, try to time your eating/drinking so you are not digesting when in bed. Try the pink Pepmol which has charcoal in it.

• Posted

Hi Carry,

I have the same experince and it is worse during the weekend, I have noticed fried foods make it worse, bread as well. Usually the foods that work best for me are stir-fry with no meat and mainly vegetarian diet, I cannot remeber the last time I had steak. I also found out that I am lactose intolerant.

I was afraid at first from going to university and after that entering into a relationship, but have learned to live with it. My partner noticed initially that I was going through a lot of Rennies during the weekend, but got used to it. I find it difficult at most of the times and try to supress it. It goes in two stages- I think it comes from the Appendix as always starts from the bottom right and goes on for very long time and subsides afterwoods, but then the second stage is to relieve the gas build up. Exteremly anoying, but i lot of people have gasses in the office too, only their bellies dont rumble. 

• Posted

Hi I used to have IBS and whatever else, and that horrible bowel growing thing that rendered me unable to go to any social event for many years. But then.....

finally a doctor/friend mentioned the low fodmaps diet. I thought it sounded weird but I tried it for a week in desperation and the growling completely vanished.             Now three years later I continue to stick to the diet but not completely. I cheat a bit and no growling. But when I cheat a lot it comes back.

Initially I googled low fodmaps diet and noticed that some are different than others but essentially the same idea I think.                                                                    Hope this helps someone smile

• Posted

Hi carry, i have the same problem, the only difference is that I've been coping with the rumbling stomach for the last 4 years. I'm really struggling in school because of it, I'm trying to complete my GCSEs and whenever i get in a quite room to study or do the exam, or even just my normal class, all you can here is my stomach. Join this with my anxiety issues, which join to my IBS and cause me great pain, I'm terrified of being in school. It happens because of peristalsis, which is you digestive system prosesing food, but because your system is so sensitive because of ibs, it causes a rumbling stomach. So far there is nothing I've discovered that can help apart from eating only the foods that in no way effect you. If you have any helpful advise for me please send it to me, I'm 15 years old and had ibs my whole life, and anxiety issues for the last 2 years, so I'd really appreciate any help as it could be lifesaving.

• Posted

Hi i have similar symptoms once or twice a week. It is the left side for me . It very embarrassing to be in a meeting. Once It was so loud that  I dont know how everyone in the meeting room ignored it. I usually have an urge to go alwso when thats happening it ends up in plenty of gas and mucus. I have to go again usually within two hours. I say fidn a gir/guy with a similar symptoms.
    • Posted

Typical Asad, the rumbling and loud noises are associated with the colon if on your left side, this powerful muscle contraction moves food through that area to the bowel for defecation. The reason why shortly afterwards you visit the toilet. If you have been enduring moments of intensified or prolonged bouts of stressed with work or family etc then this will impact your body's ability to move the food through your digestive system. What's happening is the reaction to stress causes the intentines to slow down which can make the movement along that route make louder noises than normal as the muscle attempts to increase the rythym to move everything along the tube. If you feel embarassed this will heighten the anxiety causing the movement to reduce further and the food movement would be even slower as that part shuts down to deal with the added component of stress the body is currently feeling. We are all human, never forget that and we all have the same process going on inside of us. I would suggest some form of relaxation or deep breathing prior to engaging in meetings or places whereupon the room is occupied with colleagues and your self awareness is heightened and you worry (stress) that sounds maybe heard. Takes a little practice and some foods to avoid in this instance, would be anything with high sugar content and that could promote gas or wind. Bottled water may help with this problem, until you can reset the mind body connection in environments that promote anxious moods and behaviours. Hope that's of some help!

• Posted

Hi, I have had IBS D and to control the D I was given dycelomine which works fairly well to keep the D under control. My wife is the one that commented on my rumbling gurgling belly long before the IBS D kicked in and she is very understanding and helpful, so in that way I am very fortunate. 

Anyway after going through a coloniscopy, foodmaps, probiotics and two natural products to deal with bacteria with no results at all, I decided to give cannabis a try, because I had read that it helps regulate the immune system. To make a long story short, I found a youtube video only 15 min long - leaf documentary. Now I get flower and grind it and pack it into gel caps. I take one of pure CBD flower in the am and one THC A in the evening. That controls most of the symptoms but sometimes I get a real burning mess to deal with and I think the flapper in my upper GI might be malfunctioning sometimes. I'm going have to get that checked out soon. For now I'm just super thankful for flushable wipes and thankful to Jesus for cannabis

• Posted

Seems this thread is 4 years old, but maybe this will help if you still need it or looking for new ideas. But I have the same issue. I have found taking an ounce or Braggs Organic Apple Cider vinegar once a day actually reduced the loud gurgling and noises if not by half but even 75%. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Carry,

Screw what anyone else thinks! It's your body and it has it's own way of doing things! I know it's embarrassing, but you've lived with it long enough now. It's part of your life and you have to accept that. Find yourself a partner who isn't ashamed of farting too! EVERYONE farts. Admittedly we fart a LOT more but hey, that's our guts! 

Sadly I haven't found anything that helps with the wind, just diet options (lentils are my death) sadly everything hurts regardless of what I eat. 

A good tip is to run the tap when you're on the toilet. 

be glad the farts are coming out! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.