stomach rumbling irritable bowell

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have ibs-d the hardest part I find is the humilating noises that emanate from my stomach and bowells , ive had to leave 2 relationships because of the embaressment , i dread being anywhere quiet ,

Its worse when im in bed so it is impossible to start a relationship, im only 32 and throught of being alone for my life horrible , I have tried everything going probiotics changes to diet medications like mobeverine dicloverine , iive been reading though alot of forums no mention of anyone else who has a rumbling belly any advice or just someone who knows how I feel would be lovely

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Carry,

First see if you are lactose intolerant. Then try the FODMAP diet.  Chances are you are struggling with certain carbohydrates.  I'll be surprised if neither help you.

If not then have a comprehensive stool test and see of you have any parasites. 

• Posted

Hello everyone. I had appendicitis. Absolute agony in the bottom right side of my tummy. Was given 2 courses of antibiotics at hospital which I completed. Ever since then my stomach grows extremely loud constantly. I can't pass wind because of clear mucus shooting out. And generally feel bloated and like I have man flu every couple of weeks. I have always been healthy but think a visit to the docs is in order!!! Is this ibs???

• Posted

Hi mark51356

I am no Dr and probably have no idea what I am talking about but I have a very good idea about what “might” be happening. Mucous builds when your intestines are irritated about something, that can be anything. When this happens the food you eat doesnt get into contact with the enzymes needed to break down the food. The result is that you get fermentation. The fibres and carbs which your body can´t break down rightly are giving food to bacteria. These then produce different of gases. If they produce methangas you will suffer constipation, if its a hydrogen you will suffer diarrhea. Some even produce alkohol. All of them produce endotoxins which make you feel terrible. I would suggest seeing a dr but also start cutting out foods associated with excess mucous build up like milk products, grains, etc. I take Braggs apple cider vinegar. 1oz in the morning and 1oz at night. I swear by this stuff. It literally changed my gut overall in about a week or 2 without medications. 

• Posted

Yes I have IBS and my stomach grumbles in bed. I lie on my right side and roll over a little on my stomach, that helps me a little. Diazepam also helps.
  • Posted

Hey there

I have the same symptoms. I do not use straws no veggies or fruit as they cause gas. I am a quiet person lol. Talking causes you to swallow air.

I can say plenty of fluids so air cant reside. And keep to a soft frequent diet. Also have a partner in life. So please dont give up hope.

Lin

• Posted

Find someone who doesn't care about your wild poops, and insane farts... I know I did. In fact find someone who is willing to help you, help yourself stay as healthy as you can. 

the worst that will happen, is they flip the fan on in the bathroom when they walk by.

• Posted

I went through the whole post, but did not find any remedy. Can someone post natural remedies that worked for them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.