Stomach Tremors

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone stomach tremor on its own like a heartbeating inside? I don't know if this is from anxiety, heart palpitations or the gastritis. I usually wake up to it.

The mornings are the worse....or sometimes if I eat something.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have IBS and have had twitching sensations in my stomach which feels like a mouse running about my stomach.  I don't know if this is the same feeling you are getting.

• Posted

Mine is more like a pulse beating inside. I can see the stomach moves even if I hold my breath.
    • Posted

I get the mouse sensation when I am over anxious.  I don't have problems with eating. However. the sensations you are getting could be food related or anxiety.  Maybe try a food diary if you get this after eating and monitor anxiety levels to see if this feeling occurs when stressed.

• Posted

If you're slim, it's most likely just your abdominal aorta. It branches off from your heart down to your stomach and your intestines, and it's a main artery, so its pulse can be felt quite largely especially in people who are thin. The other thing is that they can also see it pulsate.

It happens to me and it's pretty annoying. Some people's first thoughts would be that it might be an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism, but usually old people get that since it builds very slowly.

As for the eating part, your heart will beat faster when you eat so blood can rush to the stomach to work hard on digesting the food. Don't worry smile

• Posted

Yes I am thin especially after losing weight from this. Thanks for your reponse. I feel better knowing this it's just gets annoying sometimes.

What I noticed today it's usually worse when I get an anxiety attack. I t may be triggered by that also.😑

• Posted

How are you losing weight from this, may I ask?
    • Posted

The weight loss is actually not from the tremor itself but from the gastritis which is probably triggering the anxiety. When i get the tremor or anxiety it usually takes my appetite away..and it has been happening frequently. Maybe the tremor is from anxiety.😒

Hope this explains it better for you.😊

• Posted

I have arm and head tremors and recently my stomach has started having tremors like my arms do. I don't feel any stomach upset it is just the muscles tremble just like my arm and head do. I don't see my neurologist until September. He said I walk too fast for it to be Parkinson's but he didn't say what it is. Now my stomach started having tremors too. I don't know what to think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.