Stomach trouble

Posted , 5 users are following.

Lately I have been having stomach problems, at times it feels full of air and I constantly need to burp and my stomach feels like it is in my throat at times, other times I feel as if I can't breathe because of the pressure in my stomach

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Avoid gassy foods like broccoli, brussels sprouts and cabbage.and don’t take fizzy drinks.  Try a food diary.  Do you have any abdominal pain that moves about or any change of bowel habit?  How long have you had these symptoms?  If it has been going on longer than a week, see your doctor.
    • Posted

I have had these symptoms for over a year now, my doctor has already checked everything out and it a comes back normal, I watch what I eat now but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling as if my stomach is full of air and I'm unable to get a full breath and then I start having anxiety real bad, burping gives me relief for awhile now then it starts over again.

• Posted

Has your doctor suggested any diagnosis at all?   Do you get any abdominal pain that moves about or change of bowel habit along with the gas?  If you have these symptoms as well it could be IBS especially if nothing else is showing up.  Try bicarbonate of soda or Windeze to release trapped gas.  I find milk also is good for getting rid of gas.
  • Posted

You need to change the food habits and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Avoid oily food and have plenty of water daily. 
  • Posted

Do you eat too quickly, drink water or carbonated drinks while eating, talk while eating  - all possible causes for swallowing air and therefore giving you wind later. If you don't chew your food enough before swallowing  it will take longer to digest which could be another cause.   As well as a food diary perhaps you could write down what you were doing before the wind days like rushing  meals, chatting to friends etc. which may help pin the cause down even more. 

• Posted

I try my best not to eat fast, I don't drink very much carbonated drinks, mostly just water and orange juice, I stay away from oily foods as much as I can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.