Stomach ulcer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys ( sorry for my english), I had stomach ulcer for one year and I don't know what to do. The doctor gave me h pylory antibiotics and it didn't work. He also give many protons inhibitor (ipp) and it doesn't work to. I am very depressed i'm just 19 years old. Does someone have any advice to give me to deal with my ulcer...? And does someone have something to calm the ulcer pain when it attack? Its like a hungry pain every hour even if I ate 20 minute ago... thank you very much 🙂

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Presumably you were tested for h.pylori before the treatment ?

And presumably you were given a breath test after treatment which showed that the medication had not worked.

What did they give you ? For how long ? And presumably you didn't miss any ?

It is usual if one regime doesn't work to try a different one.

Has this not been offered.

PPIs have side effects if taken in the long term.

Try reducing the acid content of your stomach with simple but effective ant acids.

Calcium Carbonate tablets are cheap and quite effective.

There are various antibiotic regimes

• Posted

Hi thanks for your answer, Yes I did a breath test after the treatment yesterday and it take like 2 week to send the result to my doctor. I took 40 mg of nexium after the treatment every morning 30 min before eating and it seems like when i take nexium, my acidity would be worse and my symptomes would be worse too. So my doctor put me on rabeprazol 20 mg and it didn't seems to work.... can ppi increase the acidity of the stomach ? How long do you think ppi start to work? Thank you

• Posted

I'd be interested to know what medication you were given and for how long to eradicate h.pylori.

But the outcome from your breath test will be interesting.

PPIs should work almost immediately. But 20mg is a very low dose. Generally 30mg is prescribed. (I smile when I say I very much doubt that the PPI is the way that you've spelled it). I have heard of cases in which the stomach reacts to ant acids by producing more acid but I'm inclined to discount that with PPis.

Personally I am not at all keen on PPis because, if taken long term, they can have serious side effects.

I much prefer the H2 Receptor Blockers such as Cimetidine, and Ranitidine.

Stomach acid must respond to alkalis. Try taking half a spoonful of Bicarbonate of soda mixed in a little warm water. You should burp within a minute or two and gain relief.

I would be interested to learn of the outcome.

• Posted

Thanks for your response. The doctor gave me amoxicilin-clarythromicin and lanzoprazol for 14 days to eradicate h pylori andI will try the bicarbonate. Thank you very much
    • Posted

Well it sounds as though you've got a good GP. That is the Gold Standard treatment. (There are cheaper and less effective others). Though at 14 days it sounds as though you are in the USA. They do it for 10 days in the UK. (I think 14 days is worth the little extra risk but the medics here don't agree).

• Posted

Thank you and no I live in Canada^^. Lets wait for the result of my breath test to see if this medicine eradicate h pylori
  • Posted

I had bad ulcers for the past 4  years that never healed with antibiotics and ppi. The symptoms will just get better and then resurface worse off next time. After some research, i decided to take 1 heaped teaspoonful of cayenne pepper in hot water daily first thing in the morning. It was hot and horrible especially the first 2 days but one good thing, it killed all the pain instantly. I would take a quarter teaspoon of cayenne in the late afternoon just before dinner. From third day onwards pain subsided a lot. By day 14 my tummy calmed, as the lesions continued to heal. In between i also drink herbal green teas with natural stevia as a sweetener. Now after 7 weeks i can safely say i am healed. I was determined to heal that i wrote in my diary all experiences, even when it got awkwardly bad like i felt as if old layers peeling off, leaving raw ulcers from day 10, i continued taking cayenne and green teas. Avoid any foods that could increase acidity like milk and its products eg cheese, avoid acidic fruits like oranges, chocolates is worst food. My best fruits are mango or the juice and bananas. I am now slowly eating some foods i was avoiding. The moment i feel any awkwardness i just take even a quarter to half teaspoon cayenne. You can try this since its just a food and no need to worry about overdosing, start with a quarter teaspoon of cayenne and gradually increase to 1 teaspoon by end of first week because the full heaped teaspoon is what can kill resistant H pylori strains. This has definitely worked for me. I have a heap of ppi stuck in my cupboard which i have kissed goodbye. 
    • Posted

That all sounds like very good advice.

And the comment about pepper  is very intriguing.

But it doesn't surprise me. I have heard it mentioned before.

I have no personal knowledge, but I did giggle at the thought of a teaspoonful.

But you can't beat personal experience and no doubt worth a try.

• Posted

Thank you very much. I will try it and give you response!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.