Stomach ulcer or gastritis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Just after some advice , a few weeks ago I started to have a burning sensation in my throat occassionally after eating. It calms down when I eat really well. I assumed it was an acid reflux but now I also have burning sensation in my stomach (up high, just in between my ribs). I notice it after eating sometimes and sometimes even when I'm

hungry or have an empty stomach. Besides that I dont have any other symptoms, I sometimes feel an odd , uncomfortable sensation there too. Its a bit hard to describe but its just not pleasant. Im not on any on going medications except a vitamin and ventolin every now and then. I have a doctors appointment next week but im just wondering if any one else has has similar symptoms and can shed some light. Otherwise Im 32 years old , fit and heathy and have no other health concerns.

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Gastritis is irritation and inflammation of the stomach lining. This means the lining is red and swollen. It can cause shallow sores in the stomach lining called erosions. An ulcer is a deeper open sore in the lining of the stomach

• Posted

It might be ulcers in the throat and digestive system. It could be acidic issues. You need to allow the body and throat time to naturally recover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.