stomach ulcers

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences with stomach ulcers. I had H Pylori and now my GP  thinks I may have ulcers I am taking lanzoprzole and gaviscon but no releief from the pain x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi joyce

HPylori can leave you with stomach ulcers. Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI's such as Lanzoprozole) seem to make things worse and do not alleviate the symptoms. I am going by a friend who has HPylori and was treated with antibiotics, however some of the HP was left. At the moment she is taking Mastic which she says is certainly alleviating the pain and does kill off the HP. Many people with stomach problems such as acid reflux, gastritis etc are turning to Mastic which is a natural medication. Google it and read about it for yourself....hope this helps......best wishes......

• Posted

I've been having really bad stomach problems for the last few months and I started getting this feeling like I had a hot pepper right below my sternum, the pain is so bad. I had the test for the h. Pylori and it was negative but I think you can still get ulcers without that bacteria. I have been taking heartburn pills like crazy with no relief. Yesterday I found a really interesting article about stomach acid and there is no such thing as too much acid. I guess it's the opposite are stomach acid gets to low so our stomach starts churning more than normal so our food can be digested and therefore the acids starts to rise into our throats. It said antacids make the problem worse. I've tried apple cider vinegar in the past for heartburn and it does cure it and now it makes sense that putting more acid in does solve the problem. I keep on forgetting to get some at the store but if you have a ulcer it will make the pain worse.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Melinda I went to A and E this morning because my pain was so bad . they done blood tests and x rays they said I have gastritis and to just take Lanzoporole and gaviscon and pain killers.

​They said my inflamation leveles were high but the x ray on my tummy didnnt show anything nasty. x

• Posted

Antibiotics they give when you have a H Pylori Ulcers
    • Posted

So do you think it was the antibiotics I was taking for the H Pylori that has caused the gastritis x
  • Posted

I did not say that they give you that  to heal the Ulcers
  • Posted

hi Joycemadine..I hope you can find Cardamom.. it has natural healing properties and really good for digestion.. all the best.Let us go natural!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.