Stomach worries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I've been having bad anxiety about stomach cancer for a few years now, my mom died of stomach cancer complications at 64 and since then I've feared I have it too, it's been worse recently as I've had a bit of bloating in my upper stomach, I have been to my doc and told her I have health anxiety for years and she look at my stomach and sent me for a full blood test and it all came back fine but I'm still having a strange feeling of a bubble in my upper abdomen and have convinced myself it's cancer can any one help please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah i totally understand what you are going through. I have health anxiety and I'm always worried that i might have something that's life threatening, like appendicitis, or gallstones, or a stomach ulcer...it's just standard.

My best advice is to not feed it, don't look up your symptoms! You're going to be fine!

• Posted

Yeah I always look up symptoms lol thanks for the kind words, hope your health anxiety is going ok too
  • Posted

All you can do is the exams every few years for this. Eat healthy and exercise and rely in faith. You are not your Mother. Different lifestyles, different diet..etc..gas and indigestion would be a sensitive belly and easily rectified with a different diet. Maybe see a nutritionist. But try not spend  your life worrying about this. The worry will cause more harm and uoset your belly then if you just enjoyed life. You cant enjoy life whilst fearing disease and death. It wont work. Genetics are a predisposition only. Mean nothinp overall science is now concluding in epigenetic and that lifestyle and attitude can override many genetic things. 
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa I know your right I'll do my best not to worry thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.