Stones and Urinary lood

Posted , 4 users are following.

So from my understanding, you can have blood in urine, even if the stone(s) are not passing out of the kidney? I’ve had periodic episodes of dark colored urine, had urines tested and the first time had “trace” amount of blood and then a month later, test showed “large” amount. I had stones before, one passed, had lithotripsy another time..I’ve had off and on frequency urges to go to bathroom, and some twinges in the flank area. No UTI- I’ve also had cystoscopy test that showed normal bladder. 

I’m worried.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When I was pregnant with my last child I was having some pain and drove myself to the hospital and when I did the urine test, the cup was completely red. I didn't pass the stone for about 2 weeks. I've noticed that when i have blood in the urine I'm about to have an episode. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Mimi  

Yes absolutely because if the stone/stones are Not moving but irritating the area surrounding the stones you can get an infection from them.  What is your Urologist

telling you?? Are they giving you any medications to help pass the stone/stones??

Some of us, me included, get so used to the twinges that we accept them. This is so wrong to do, because pain is our body telling us something is not right.

I would suggest to see your Urologist and talk about this.  I would ask for blood work that will check your kidneys and your liver enzymes.  Are you a diabetic ?

Until you can see your Dr, I would be drinking a lot of water to flush out toxins

in the kidney.  Cranberry & lemon juice mixed is also good to drink.  Try to get checked out soon to ensure no damage is being done to your kidneys.

Best Wishes to You Mimi   Keep in touch & Take Care

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying- it really helps to be able to “talk” about it with people who have had the experience. One question though, what would liver enzymes have to do with kidney, blood in urine, and stones?
    • Posted

If your liver were affected by the stones, and infections, your liver can cause your urine to be dark brown and that would be cause for concern.  I say this because I now have stage 3 fibrosis of the liver and didn't know I had a problem with it.  It is not from alcohol as I do not drink.  So I mentioned the blood work to check your liver just to be on the safe side.  I do hope they can give you an appointment soon to see your urologist.  Take Care Mimi  

• Posted

I have a kidney stone and every time I do a urine sample it comes back with blood in it.

I see my urologist in Bristol on Friday and am really hoping he will agree to do keyhole surgery sooner rather than later.

Hope this settles down for you.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

It is surgery where they make a small incision instead of a larger cut.

You can read about it on the internet.

I had keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder a couple of years ago.

Quick recovery time because it is not so invasive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.