Stool blood

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past 2 weeks I've been noticing small drops of blood with stool in the toilet. I went to the doctor today and she asked me if I have any kind of pain in the abdominal area, I haven't experienced any kind of pain actually, just a faint feel of stomach discomfort. What actually got me in a discomfort with her is that she didn't know I could understand English and she said to the traslator that she doesn't know why am I having a stool blood if I have no abdominal pain or fever, which is kind of hilarious for a doctor to say that. Anyway she wrote me some prebiotics and we left.

Why Do I have a stool blood? And what should I do now considering the doctor couldn't help me. It's actually scary

P.S. I don't know if this is helpful or not and it's kinda embarrassing but I've noticed that ever since I started noticing the blood, fart started to smell really stinky, kinda a strange smell I am not used to.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why not try to see another  doctor...it's so obvious that she doesn't know what's she's doing. You need to know what it was as soon as possible.

• Posted

You will need to see another doctor and ask to be checked for anal fissures or haemorrhoids.  Also have a fecal calprotectin test which checks for inflammation markers which could indicate Inflammatory Bowel Disease which can cause bleeding.  Ask for an endoscopy and colonoscopy.
  • Posted

@fhame39790 and @philippa61759 thx a lot for replaying to me.

Is there anyway that this is happening due to a specific type of food?? 

• Posted

The best way to find out if you are intolerant to a certain food is to try a food elimination diet or keep a food diary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.