Stool colour making me worry!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I am as most might recognise a Health Anxiety sufferer....with 2 health conditions, GERD and IBS....recently had bloods tested, last week only and every thing came back good! My doctor said I'm healthy the results are all good......so my worry stopped (of course temporarily) however I keep constantly checking the colour of my stool....and noticed it seems to be changing from brown to a light brown/yellow colour...which I understand can be from GERD but I am troubled with the thoughts of something more...despite both pancreas and liver showing strong blood results! So I am crazy?:D or should I just accept that my bloods all came back strong and doctors dont feel the need to send me for any further tests to check any of the symptoms?smile sounds easy but finding it difficult to get those thoughts out of my head and get on with things.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Stool colour can vary for so many reasons including what you have eaten, so I really wouldn't worry. To the best of my knowledge you should only be concerned if you are passing fresh or congealed blood. 😊
  • Posted

Hi there g

joanne is right in what she says

I am always looking at my stool in the loo bowl, i have lymph nodes problem and often I see a gross kind of mucas hanging onto my stool.

It males me paranoid.

If your blood tests have come back all fine , i really dont feel there is much for you to be worrying about, but we know worry = anxiety and anxiety= lies that convince our minds we are really sick and dying whern we are not.

Keep it tohether my freind , theres noting wrong with always checking your stools , what the Drs want to know is if there is any blood discharge from the backside or penis /vagina.

Sp be free of your anxiety and accept this is a mind game and just another way to make you think the worse.

I have lived with HIV for 28 years, i have had literally thousands of blood tests and its even difficult for the nirses to get blood from me and its a painful procedure that often brings tears running down my face.

I wish you all the best of health, and a life of amazing fullfillment through your journey even if it does mean having the challenges of Anxiety right there with you to try to convince you the worse scenario and that you are right and the Drs are wrong.

its difficult to learn what are lies in our heads and what is truth

Try to find ways which work for you to avoid always thinking the worse.

I should of been dead multiple times

But my life as for you too is a journey and nothing can take our lives away from us until that journey is complete.

be encouraged and use some of your energy to encourage others back

Karma will work for you

Hugs

PJ

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, its a very nice read and I wish you all the best moving forward and I will keep my head held high and keep my mind positive! 

Very inspiriing words and your 100% right, I should not worry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.