Stool gets stuck in lower part of bowel

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got this really embrassing problem, but my stool gets stuck in lower part of colon. Comes out then gets stuck in lower part of bowel and some times I went to wipe and it kind of encourages it to move. Some times I am just wiping stool away. This is really embrassing because I got to go places knowing I still have stool still in my rectum. Its made me really unsociable. Get panic attacks when I got to go places now.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Also when I wipe I spasm up and feel like I got no bum hole to wipe. I been using qufora irrigation and even water gets trapped in there and leeks out later on, stool still getting trapped.
  • Posted

Hi Kelsie,

I have the same problem, too. All of a sudden my stool will just 'stop' coming out. When I begin to wipe, more will fall out. It then takes me a long time to clean up. 

I'm not sure what to do, either. Very uncomfortable. 

• Posted

Hi Tim thank you for reply.

Thats how it started with me now I am worse now because my bowel has changed. Like I have some sort of prolapse that has not been confirmed.

What have the doctors told you to do?

Have you had tests?

• Posted

I was told this is called incomplete defecation disorder. I am seeing a physical therapist to help with this. There is breathing techniques, relaxation and biofeedback used. Slow progress though. This has me relying on doing water enemas daily to clear out the rest. Not an enjoyable way to do something as natural as going #2. 😬

• Posted

Hi Nancy I'm the same I been put on a water irrigation daily think I be doing this for the rest of my life.

How are you finding the biofeedback? It really didn't help me. I do pelvic floors and sure I am getting worse!

• Posted

Yes, I was told about biofeedback, but other than being told to simply 'get off the toilet when finished and don't stop on there too long', that was it! What have you been told about it? Any techniques?

I've been back and forth to the Drs a bit but I can't help but think they assume I'm a little bit strange, LOL. They seem to lose patience with me as I'm sure they don't think it's serious.  

Sometimes when I try to manually evacuate there is nothing there - sometimes, however, there is a small amount. Very rarely is there much stool, so I'm not sure if I need to? I'm sure there will be some residue of stool in the rectum even after a 'complete' evacuation.  

• Posted

I do yoga and deep breathing and meditation. Been for Months now and don’t think it’s doing a whole lot. I’m getting used to leaving my house feeling incomplete and then coming back and trying again. By the evening I am now feeling empty and have a good evening. Mostly due to the enemas. The biofeedback is not that helpful either but I have no other way to deal with this. I too am hoping this isn’t going to be for the rest my life because I cannot get out of my house for a few hours after I wake up.  There are many of us out there dealing with this and science is not keeping up with our needs. I just don’t know why I can’t simply go to the bathroom like all others. We need a fOrin  just for incomplete defecation disorders and maybe somebody out there has an answer. 
    • Posted

Tim look up  YouTube videos on toilet meditation. You’re not supposed to get off the toilet if you’re trying to relax and defecate. It’s the squeezing and pushing that you need to refrain from doing that does not help. I too realize there will always be something left to go in your colon but the feeling of it being in your rectum is so uncomfortable. Sometimes it’s just the swelling of the anal glands that makes it feel like you have to go. That is why I take a break and leave the house and try to just go about my every day business and sometimes the feeling  resides. My doctors are just sending my off and telling me they can’t do anything and go to a PT for biofeedback. Not a great solution so far but I am trying it. 
    • Posted

They told me to take a deep breaths then relax. This technique could help the stool come out, some times it don't.

I also get told to not sit there too long, its hard when you know you got stool in there. Normally sat there wiping alot which also can't be good for the bowel.

By the sound's of it you have become obessed with the feeling they may be poo left in bowel or do you know this? I am the same because I can pump and then get the feeling something may be there as some stool can come out.

I think you should try biofeedback first.

Theys also tests they can carry out to check your transit time and a proctogram this will show them what happen's when you poo

• Posted

Your right we need proper answers instead get told to change diet and drink lots of water. One thing I do find helpful is having a strict routine in morning.

Have glass of water then breakfast then more water with my breakfast that makes me go naturally. Then I try my water irrigation to get rid of the rest. Its still controlling my life as it takes a good few hours in morning, I still have it in the back of my mind stool might leak out too.

I think exercise does help I just don't have time to do much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.