Stool problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

So, probably like 4,5 days ago, I needed to poo really badly but I don't like pooing at work so I waited till i got home. Ever since then, I have been partially constipated and have used osmolax and has not worked. I also now keep having a rumbly and sore gut. I also think I have unintentionally kind of shat myself since I keep getting poo marks on my underpants even though I wiped properly and cleaned myself in the shower. I'm just wondering if this is anything serious since I looked some of this up and my symptoms matched colon cancer which may be a stretch.

Damn this is embarrassing but thanks if you are able to respond 😄 I am also unsure where to put this topic so I guess i'll put it in abdominal since i have abdominal pains as well.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

If you are really worried then you should visit a doctor. Have you been facing this problem for long? Also if this is a problem which takes place for a long time their are a lot of things which it could be.

I come from a family with multiple people who have stuff with their intestines. The most obvious advice I could give you is to go to the toilet more often although you may not feel like you have to go. See how this goes and it may help your 'akward' problems. Btw it's not a big deal to go the toilet in public, because every needs to poo, even the presidents and queens;) But I know it feels not comfortable to do. Sadly that's something what is rooted in our society.

• Posted

It's been a recent problem but when using osmolax, I'm not constipated for this long. It's probably been 4 days since I last felt empty.

• Posted

Don't put off going to the loo because not going can lead to constipation. Try lots of fruit to help you to go and persevere with laxatives. Don't google your symptoms because you won't get an accurate answer this way and it will make you panic. Wait a week and if you have no improvement, see your doctor.

• Posted

There is a restroom at work because the law says it has to be. Use it whenever you need to or you will have very serious consequences with your health.

• Posted

Hi Etherealman

Why do you not like to use the restroom at work?....

• Posted

I guess i am just afraid of taking too long and missing important work.

• Posted

Hi Etherealman

I am sure your employers completely understand that their staff have to use the rest room from time to time. It is very unhealthy not to evacuate stool when you get the urge to use the rest room. The stool will start to back up in your colon thus causing pain and dry out causing constipation especially when you eat again and there is more stool in the colon. I would think you well know it is advisable to take time out for your toilet needs...

• Posted

Yeah haha. I sure will go to the toilet when i feel the need. Thanks for your replies 😄

• Posted

Sometimes when we get constipated, there can be a follow up of very runny/loose diarrhoea like motions after the main event. Sometimes looser motions or leakage are caused by what we eat. I find gluten and full fat gives me loose stools and leakage, and I mark my pants. If leakage continues I suggest you keep a food diary to see if any particular food could be the problem, although I suspect it's just because you waited too long.

Not wanting to use the work restroom is psychological, but as someone else said - we all need to go! I have carried spare pants and wipes with me, to clean both me and the toilet bowl when I am out - it may be something for you to consider.

Dr Google should be taken with a large dose of scepticism as people always see the worst case scenario, not what 99% of the much simpler problems are.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. 😄

I forgot to mention that I also have been experiencing nausea, random bleeding and an infection which wont heal even though I have antibiotics. This kind of changes the topic but is this maybe a sign of cancer or am I just being a drama queen?

• Posted

If you get constipated and then eventually go, the strain can cause a small tear and bleeding. But with other symptoms including your infection, perhaps you should see your doctor - hopefully for just peace of mind. I did have a fear of bowel cancer myself 3 years ago, had a colonoscopy and Diverticular Disease was diagnosed. Not a nice illness but a great relief it wasn't cancer. I've learned a lot since then and got to understand how my body works, and how I react to certain foods. I suspect most people do have an underlying fear of cancer, including myself, so you are not alone.

• Posted

Thanks! I have gained confidence 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.