Stool test result..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have constant nausea for 2.5 years now. Went to 4th GI who order usg, stool test. Got results.

Usg - Have grade 1 fatty liver.

Stool results are as follow. -

1. Mucus - present

2. Blood - absent

3. Ph - acidic

4. Occult blood - negative

5. Pus cells - 2 - 4

6. Rbc - absent

7. Veg cells / fiber - present

8. Fat globules - present ++

9. Bacilli - present +

I understand that some bacteria will be present and one cannot be sure of this. Can I be sure that I am not loosing any blood? I have loose stools and nausea. Looks like am not absorbing any thing I can feel also my skin is dry and hair are getting brittle day by day. I will take appointment this week though. But if I get any insight about what could be the diagnosis it would be great.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The fact that your results say:

Blood - absent

Occult (hidden) blood - negative

rbc(red blood cells?) - absent

Would tend to suggest that your stool sample was blood free, so no obvious sign of blood loss via gut.

• Posted

Thanks HellyE,

Can any thing be said about bacilli presence? Or stool culture will be needed. I am also having edema in legs. I have read that crohn's cause malabsorption of fat and it's very serious, can one get edema in legs due to crohn's? I am having edema in legs from long time too. And my kidney function is perfect got clearance from kidney doctor also don't have hepatits of any form.

• Posted

Update after gastro visit, no conclusion yet. Doctor says reports are Normal. Sent away for cortisol and calcium blood test to find out edema cause. He said will suggest further test after seeing blood reports.

Should I see a new doctor!? I am fed up of not getting any diagnosis.

• Posted

Consulted after report. Doctor said stool report are Normal na dena away for cortisol and calcium blood test for edema in legs. After seeing reports he will suggest further test.

I am seeing a new doctor day after tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.