Stools look sort of like potato wedge shapes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last probably 4 months my poop has looked thin (not pencil thin, like a flat thin) I've always pooped a lot and now the mid-right side of my stomach has had a dull ache for about 2 days. Know what it could be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

By the way, I'm only 18 so (hopefully) it's not cancer

• Posted

Hi! I am sorry to hear about your concern but I have pooped many different shapes and sizes myself.  I am not a doctor but I do know that when I visit the doctors the one question they always ask is if I see blood in my stools,  Blood can be a sign of cancer.  If you do see blood, I would definitely call the doctor right away.  Also, if you pain worsens.  It could be just something simple such as a gas bubble sitting there that causes the ache.  I would try something simple such as drinking a combination of chamomile and mint tea.  You may not be a tea drinker but it will relax the muscles in your digestive system.  Well at least it does for me.  Other suggestions, would be drink a lot of water and if you drink a lot of soda try and cut back because soda can cause a lot of stomach problems.  If I come up with any other suggestions, I will let you know.  I know that I have had that dull ache myself I tend to drink Alka Seltzer and that always seems to be my cure-all.  I would not recommend it if you can't tolerate it because it could worsen your problem rather than making it better but for me it always works.  Alka Seltzer is high in sodium so you want to be careful on how much you take.  Read the instructions and warnings carefully before taking anything to be safe.  Good luck and if I come up with any other suggestions.  I will let you know. 

• Posted

Are you having any constipation or is it normal as usual? Constipation can lead to painful areas in the colon.
  • Posted

Stools come in all shapes and sizes; don't worry.  The only problem is passing blood. However, even this is not always serious because a lot depends on the colour of the blood   Haemorroids and fissures are a common cause of bleeding.  However, if you are not noticing blood,you can relax.

Simply, try a food diary to see if you are reacting to something and see your doctor.  Ask for an ultrasound of your stomach to rule out possibilities.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.