Stop me before I attempt something stupid

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have taken as much as i can, i would now rather not be here any more, i think death seems like a viable option. how do i do. this, what's the easiest way? any suggestions welcome!

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Edited

the best thing to do is get to A&E and ask for the crisis team, Ive been there several times and they really do help. if that isn't an option then get out for a walk and surround yourself with people so you keep safe. remember there are better ways and better days and that people do understand

• Edited

I've considered death as an alternative after years of medical hell, but I've found working out and being more active has made me feel leaps and bounds better.

I am not sure where you live and legalities / treatments available, but I've found micro dosing psychedelics not so I "trip" but so it changes my brain chemistry to work like a miracle after all the pharmaceutical drugs I had to take, my brain had become chemically dependent on pharmaceutical drugs and the short duration of micro dosing every other day broke that cycle.

Its insane to me these chemicals are largely illegal, while doctor assisted suicide is becoming more legal, though it may not be an appropriate treatment for your mental state but I have to suggest it as it helped me out of very dark days.

I still have bad days, but I can push myself out the door to work out, and enjoy more days than not (and most importantly don't consider death as a viable off ramp to my problems).

Hope you find a way to get that off ramp out of your mind as well, life is worth living once you can find purpose to live for.

• Posted

Also to add to my response these treatments should be conducted by a physician in a country where it is legal, it is worth researching where to receive this treatment option, as its basically cured wartime veterans of PTSD in clinical trials in the US under the supervision and guidance of a physician / counselor.

To me these revalations in medical use in a controlled setting are tragically side lined, when they could help treat mental disorders such as PTSD / Depression / Anxiety.

• Posted

lhi rommon, i have left a response on here because i had the sense in the state i was in to speak to a friend shortly after speaking on here! i feel slightly better but may speaking to my landlord about this, as this goes deeper than depression, i also have PTSD. what my neighbour is doing is setting off so many flashbacks.

• Posted

Yes I'm not sure if mods will release my initial comment, but I looked into alternative meds after heavy depression and found micro dosing psyches to help me recover without prolonged use.

It's worth looking into these options, and I'd hope the mods would let my comment be posted to allow honest discussion on the topic.

• Posted

I completely spaced asking, what is your neighbor doing to cause flashbacks, and what are you flashing back to if you don't mind me prying?

• Posted

my neighbour is to put it bluntly having sex with his girlfriend for hours at a time! my PTSD is due to assault i already see an assault counsellor but he's exasperating my PTSD as i have lots of nightmares and flashbacks caused by triggers like what he's doing!

• Posted

Wow yeah I'd probably look at moving out for a start to anywhere but there, that sounds terrible for someone with PTSD related to what's happening clearly through the wall.

• Posted

oh thats horrendous! really feel for you.

I thought I had neighbour problems in past!

• Edited

Hi Sam,

These dark times feel like there is no hope, we question ourselves in thinking what's the point?

When we feel this lost, these are the emotions that seep in and take over.

You give so much help, advice and understanding to others in here who go through similar and they all listen to what you have to say - you are valued in here and I think this thinking will pass; no matter how bad it is we are here to listen and hopefully have you feel valued and a worthwhile as the kind individual you are.

You have lots to offer Sam, please, gain your inner strength which you know you already posses. If you need to talk, vent, whatever it is. I and others are here to really listen.

Take a nice bath, a short walk, some music, a tv prog anything short term that will give you some clarity then talk to a therapist or tele counsellor or the other way around, whichever makes you feel a little better. You may already know though Headspace and Breathing space may be a good place to start.

Please take care and be kind to yourself as you are to others.

• Edited

Please do not try suicide I did and I ended up without legs.

• Posted

hi janey, that's a cautionary tale, i am sorry that that has happened to you! i hope you have the support you now need!

• Posted

Its a struggle with acceptance depression and anxiety.

• Posted

i am having a vitamin d test tomorrow,i have been depressed, have poor immunity and bone pain, sign of poor vit d problems!

• Edited

hi omni, it's so kind of you to respond considering the state i was in. i do try to help others it's true but that's my native i think! i find following my own advice i give others so difficult, i have had several issues to deal with but constant problems with neighbours has bought me to my knees. i just can't take much more, this certain neighbour has pushed me to the edge, luckily i had the sense to ring someone who i know a really good friend and she made me feel a bit better but the whole situation has left me feel crxx! i have more than depression, he's also triggering my PTSD! how do i cope,i'm in rented accommodation, do i tell my landlord?

• Edited

Hi Sam,

This is awful. If this is causing PTSD you are the first person to care for.

I have been on the receiving end of bad neighbours before and it can cause all kinds of trauma.

Yes, contact your landlord asap and your local housing authority too as they have a duty of care, whether private owned or rented accommodation, they need to be investigating.

From previous experience and dealing with lawyers, I'd advise to write and record every incident that takes place. If the neighbour continues, call the police and out of hrs local authority who will attend the neighbours home together.

Everything will be recorded by them and you can ask for a incident /crime report number. I know this as me ex was a police officer.

I hope the situ eases for you and if you need anything at all, let me know.

• Posted

hi omni, it's kind of you to contact back. i have tried to report this to get told by the police and my housing provider that there's nothing they can do so i now feel trapped! i think the only i can do is move - away from friends, family and people who care plus the people i represent on the local town council. i have just about had enough! i feel really down and fed up over it! all because my housing provider can't see what it's doing to me. that's why i hit rock bottom!

• Posted

Hi Sam,

So sorry you're not able to gain help from them as any disturbance caused can be a breach of peace.

You have the right to complain about this and receive some assistance at least.

Talk with citizens advice on your rights as a householder.

I hope you get this sorted and feel better.

• Posted

hi omni, thank you so much i have now put in a complaint to our district council, who deal with housing and their going to get somebody to contact me and speak to me about this. It has made me so fed up!

• Posted

Hi omni, quick update - this guy who is causing all these problems is now in trouble! My housing association has now got their asb team involved, the manager specifically who has said she wants me to document all the noise from his property which I deem unreasonable - they have opened up a can of worms but my diary information will prove what he is doing, she was more concerned about me! They only began to respond once I said I had PTSD through assault because as they have eventually realised it's no joke!

• Posted

Hi Sam,

This is good news especially that they are concerned about you having PTSD issues.

Hopefully you will gain some closure asap from the neighbour and more importantly, hope you're feeling a little better knowing they are doing something about it.

You deserve some peace.

x

• Posted

hi omni, kind of you to respond! my housing association only did something when i mentioned this. my husband and i have finally had enough and are looking to eventually move, we can't take any more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.