stop smoking

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

I know there are topics about this but I think my case is kinda specific.

I passively smoked my entire childhood because of my father.

when my father left, I got upset and all that and I started smoking, with just 14 years old.

in a couple of months I was smoking nearly a pack every 2 days...

When I changed school, to a less problematic one, I stopped, smoked occasionally, like once every 2 months... I remember there was a period I stopped for like 2 years... Got into a course and it took so much time from me during 3 years that I didn't even had time to think...

When I joined the army, I started smoking more actively. At the start I didn't smoked, THAN I went back to smoking occasionally and I am currently smoking more actively. Last 2 months I smoked, a pack lasts 2 days...

But now I notice the addiction. The truth is, majority of the cigarettes I smoke are because I need to be constantly doing something, if I sit down and do nothing, feels like torture for me, I need to be doing something at all times... The only thing I can do sat down is basically be on the computer or watch TV. But even on those things, I am doing something, but sit down on stairs outside and look at birds or something, is torture...

So I smoke not because I need it or have addiction, but because I need to be doing something. So now I am searching for help, this weekend was the the first time I felt addiction, and I want to stop but if I don't smoke to entertain myself, I will have to entertain myself with something like else....

what do you think about all this?

thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Khidreal,

That's a rather broad question. I think all the things about keeping busy and all that stuff has nothing to do with why you smoke....You said it yourself, you smoke because you are addicted....

Addiction warps the mind of the affected person.... In this case, your addicted mind is telling you that the problem is staying busy, when in fact it is your mind talking you into another cigarette.

The causes of smoking are in your thinking. I used a drug-free psychological method and I have not smoked since Nov 17, 1987.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.