Stopped alcohol...developing small gambling problem!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Escape is my friend.  So now that I don't escape with alcohol (a little over 2 weeks)...I notice I am going to the store more often and buying scratch tickets.

The tickets have become something I look forward to.  And because I am not WINNING all the time I am spending money.  Maybe just as much as I did drinking. 

Did anyone else turn to a different VICE when they stopped using alcohol?

The last time I stopped for 8 years....my replacement for immediate gratification was buying anything at the store...even if it were just a candy bar.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Misssy have you seen your own dr about the problems you are having.

could it be IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)

• Posted

Thank you for caring about my stomach....I will see my Dr. this Thursday..I wanted to go yesterday SO bad....and could have..he is there on Sunday...but on Thursday he will have blood results from the Rheumatoid Dr. I went to last week and then I don't want to have to go both days..so I'm hoping it will clear up by then.

He is aware of it...because i called in for something to stop the maddness..but I took one pill and NEVER again....I had bad side effects...so I just keep on...until Thrusday.

• Posted

possibly IBS or colitis...or gallbladder issues..or infection...I will see my Dr. Thursday..I would go TODAY if I didn't have other obligations.

Thank you vickylou.

• Posted

Missy 2 where do u get all the money to fund your gambling.
    • Posted

Richardt, whilst misssy2 is capable of answering that question herself, I am intrigued as to why you would ask such a personal question, what on earth has it got to do with you or anyone else where she gets her money from!  Where do you get your money from to buy your alcohol?

your question is of no help whatsoever or indeed anything to do with the question misssy2 asked. Unbelievable!!!!

• Posted

The same place I got m money to fund my alcohol...LOL.

• Posted

yes and finding money for booze or gambling is something a lot of people are struggling with and tricky to deal with...two problems are a lot and I am not an expert on gambling at all..only know about NOT drinking as before and slightly more money in my bank account than before.
    • Posted

Thats great Robin smile...always nice to have more money.

I'm not doing both right now..just gambling...I was really bad today....OMG. 

The biggest problem with what i am doing...is I am realizing I am spending more money on gambling that I was on drinking....and I'm AFRAID...I will start to think...geeze....I spent less drinking....and that I should have drink...instead. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.