Stopped Birth Control And Had Condom Failure. Advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey I hope this is the right group, but i had a question for anyone who might know. I was on Birth control (Nexplanon) for about a year until I had it removed on the 19th of this month. The doctors believed it might have been causing me long term nausea/cyclic vomiting and stomach pains but since removal there hasn't been much of a difference. However since the removal (about two weeks later), i had intercourse with my partner and the condom came off during. We didnt realize it until later either. I did end up taking the plan b pill yesterday (within the 3 day window), but my concern is that since the bc removal, i dont know when my ovulation period is anymore since i didnt have periods during the time I had Nexplanon. My question is if anyone might know how long it takes the body to start ovulating again after bc removal, and if I should be concerned that it might have been too late to take the Plan B. Any advice on this would be great!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.