Stopped drinking 3 years ago but been declined insurance due to LFT

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I am a 43 year old male currently in good shape. However, i was an heavy drinker for around 20 years but currently sober for just over 3 years. I have applied for life insurance & the company arranged for a third party blood test to check my LFT. I have had an email saying they decline to offer me life insurance due to the results of my blood test & previous drinking history. I have no idea what the LFT results said but they are sending them to my doctors. I do recall many years ago I had high Bilirubin levels but I am sure i was either told not to worry or the levels went back to normal after a period of sobriety.

I have contacted my GP who have arranged for me to have another LFT along with full blood count & Urea and Electrolytes. I am getting extremely anxious & wondering if I have got liver diseases that's never been picked up. I cannot think of any other reason why I would have abnormal LFT when I stopped drinking 3 years ago.

Any comments?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.