Stopped drinking last week, getting dizzy spells. Is this related?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all.

I've never been a big drinker, and for most of my 60 years I've drank only socially. Never at home alone. But for about the past five years, when I moved into my new bachelor apartment, I've been having a drink daily (6 days of 7 on average per week, nothing much, maybe 3 or 4 oz of wine with dinner. I found it was more habit than anything. I don't crave alcohol. I have a cabinet full of liquor and don't touch it, save for that daily small glass.

Last week I stopped, and I'm glad for it. I feel the habit pressing on me but not a physical craving, at all. But yesterday and today I got some mild dizzy spells; and I can't really find anything about it. I've read here and elsewhere about people who have been drinking A LOT and stop and get dizzy spells, and I can understand that. But a small glass?

Thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Welcome Frank. Are you in the USA perhaps? Your body has withdrawals i think but i am not medically trained. Great that you stopped drinking. Others here will probably be in a better position to give you good advice. All the best to you Frank! Regards Robin

• Posted

Hi. I'm in Canada. I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor.... but it just feels silly. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.