Stopped esmya

Posted , 5 users are following.

Stopped the esmya after 3 weeks due to night sweats ,hot flushes,severe womb pain,ovarian pain,chest pains like I was having a heart attack,etc.Have 20 plus fibriods,tried the mirena( uterus too bulky),uterine embolization( lining grew back),zoladex( severe migraine) so hysterectomy in sept.I had 4babies with fibroids the third was painful due to baby kicking on them,the fourth was a breeze.My doc says am the rare type who seem to get no problems getting pregnant with fibroids on the walls of my uterus and outside.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry you had such side effects on Esmya, I have the flushes and sweats but generally no pain, and as it stop the bleeding and starts to shrink the fibroids I feel it is worthwhile.

It's great that you got through the pregnancies with them too, can't imagine what it's like having the fibroids AND a foetus in there!

Wish you luck with the surgery.

• Posted

Goodness! So sorry you're having all those symptoms. I'm struggling a bit with ESMYA too but not on the same scale as you and certainly no chest pains which would have definitely made me stop taking it too. I had a few sweats, headaches and dizziness first few weeks. I'm coming to the end of week 5 - my main issue has been near constant bleeding, heavy first 2 weeks and heavy again last 7-8 days with bad pains, flooding and clots. I'm sure it's another period. Plus, overwhelming fatigue.

Hysterectomy sounds like it may be the right decision for you. I think there's only so much we can tolerate with various different procedures esp when they don't have the desired effect.

Good luck in September.

• Posted

Wow your doctor is right you are truly a rare one . I understand having one or two but 4 is a miracle . I think hysterectomy is a good option for you i had hot flushes with esmya and pain in my hips joint but I can relate to the symptoms you are having since I got that same symptoms from tranezamic acid and had to stop it . I wish you all the best in your next step
  • Posted

Im on my 2nd month taking esmya, so far has not that major symptoms.. i felt the same tiredness, dizziness at times, headaches but i always to make myself busy and moving all the time..

Feel Sorry to hear you're having those pains.. hope you get through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.