Stopped HRTs (latest pellet therapy) after 20 yrs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 61 yrs old and for the last year I have done pellet therapy, which I loved. However, my husband had to have several surgeries so I was about 4 mo this past due to have them inserted. I decided to stop becausw I just wasn’t sure when I could get back to my Gyn. Since they leave your body slowly I thought I would be ok, but after 5 months I have started to bleed. No other symptoms. I have been post menopausal for 25 yrs. Anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sandra I’m very interested in your situation. I’m assuming you have also taken progesterone orally in a daily basis. When did you stop taking the progesterone. Is it  possible your pellets outlasted  it?  i.e. you stopped the prometrium which keeps tour lining thin, while your E & T levels were slightly elevated causing your lining to build up?   

• Posted

I stopped probably a week after I was supposed to go back for pellets. My levels were all fine prior to this.
    • Posted

My guess is this will be the last time you see any bleeding. Just a final wash out. Obviously if you’re concerned or happens again, go get checked out. 

What did tour pellet doc say?  I’m sure he/she has had some experience with this. 

Very curious, didn’t you notice any change in how you felt coming off the hormones?   I’d sure think they were giving you some energy or something. Anything?  

• Posted

Strangely enough I did not have a decrease in energy. I didn’t really feel bad until right before the bleeding started. I’m cursed as far as the gyn goes. You know the, “I have relocated and have to find a new one curse”!😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.