Stopped pregablin 3 weeks ago think I have withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I stopped my night time dose of pregablin 150mg as told by my doctor 3 weeks ago I'm now having flu symptoms so lerthagic feel spaced out as if on another planet and can't eat as I'm so nauseous. If start to take it again do you think these horrific symptoms will disappear on it for GAD and I'm now having physical symptoms of anxiety please help I need to try and look after my kids while going through this it's rediculous!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why are you starting it again if your doc told you to stop it?
    • Posted

Because my doctor didn't know I was on it for anxiety and had never heard of it used to treat anxiety. It was the psychiatrists that put me on it. My doctor left so this one has only been there a few months. I am due to go on holiday and don't want to go feeling like this!!
    • Posted

I think Id be looking for a new doctor!!!!!!!

I am not familiar with that drug but like all drugs you could get

the side effects agin

• Posted

Im an anxiety suffer do u mind explaining tonme what a kregabkln is
  • Posted

I was on that for anxiety before too and it did help. Go get a new prescription right away. Yes it is best tapered when stopping.

• Posted

Hi Dawn. These are definitely withdrawal symptoms. I've had them myself and yes they're awful. You have two options here. You either go through the symptoms and they will eventually disappear or you go back on the pregablin. In your case I would go back on them as you have kids to look after and you're going on holiday. You want to enjoy your holiday and you won't if you are feeling like this. Another thing you can do is go on another medication for your anxiety even though they do take a few weeks to kick in.  I do feel for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.