Stopped prozac after a week, still having withdrawls still after 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took prozac for a week, 10mg from my doctor and they wanted me to take 20mg after 2 weeks. It started with a panic attack and i believed it was from the prozac, so I just stopped taking it and never contacted my doctor. The symptoms started 2 days later, my left side felt numb but it wasn't i was so miserable and i couldn't sleep for days, I had to go to the ER that saturday and they said that it was anxiety. Im scared now..its been 2 weeks and im still having these anxiety episodes and now they precribed me Lexapro. Right now is 4:34am and woke up with full of anxiety and panic..whos had numbness on the left side of the face feeling like? i was soo sick to my stomach all the time so i barley ate for days. Sleeping problems too..ever since this happened my sleeping has never been the same..and sometimes it feels like i cant breathe either...who knows how long this can go away??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

First off you never should have stopped.. you were just getting nasty side effects which is totally normal on these tablets. But since you have stopped then you will also get some withdrawl side effects as well.. even if you have only been on a short time. Nobody can tell you how long side effects will last as our body chemistry is all different. Maybe you need to go see your Doctor and see if they have anything for the anxiety. But please do not just stop something again.. you always need to seek medical advice so they can guide you properly. It is very normal when starting prozac to have loss of appetite.. strange sleep and dreams and extra anxiety.
  • Posted

How are you doing? I had to stop celexa at about four weeks due to adverse effects. I am off now 9 days today and still feel awful, can't sleep, anxiety, low moods IT'S AWFUL :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.