Stopped taking Mirtazapine 15mg. Nightmare.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a period of bad anxiety and depression a year ago and my GP suggested 15 mg of this to go with Citalopram. I have been back at work for 10  months and quite well for most of that time. I recently had to start two different tablets for something else and decided to stop the Mirtazapine because I thought I was on a low dose. First week, no problems. Second week is a nightmare. Incredibly bad depression and some anxiety. Did the research and realised why. Started the tablets again at a half dose for the last three days and back to see the doc tomorrow for advice. Anyone done the same thing or offering any advice would be good. I,ve struggled to get through work this week.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies Vikki and Calmer. Thought I would post an update. Reinstated with 7.5 mg for three nights and then 15mg for the last five nights. The difference in me today compared with this time last week is pretty amazing. I now have just the smallest amount of depression and some anxiety, but much better. I now have a plan, which is to not go any higher than 15mg and hopefully to get completely better in the next few months. At some point next year I will then taper very slowly as described in your post Calmer. I hope everyone has a good Christmas and once again thanks for your advice.
    • Posted

Glad to hear John and hope you do well and have a great holiday season. I'm hoping to stay on 15 mg myself but it's probably not going to be easy but I'm trying to stick it out.

• Posted

Ahhh thats best, feel well again, regain your confidence, make the plan, take your time.  Its a massive shock to the system to CT, I think you're doing the right thing.  Enjoy the Christmas season, get good sleep, and start again next year.  You'll be fine then I'm sure to taper slowly.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.