Stopped taking sertraline 50 mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

my GP took me off sertraline yesterday because of the constant vomiting and fainting I have only been taking them 5 weeks, being feeling dizzy and weird all day does anybody know how long this will last.  I have been prescribed 15 mg Mirtazapine instead as it’s kinder on the stomach.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well done on sticking it out for so long. I only managed one 40mg tablet. I had sickness and upset tummy, a dreadful headache and every time I tried to sleep I woke in terror, racings illogical thoughts. I felt awful and lost 2lb in one night. I haven't been back to gp. I have yet to find a prescription that helps without making me too tired to function.

• Posted

You will probably experience withdrawals for abit. Mirtazapine will help you sleep better so take it before you want to go to sleep (about 30 mins before) because they will make you so sleepy! Also you might feel like a zombie for only a couple of days on mirtazipine. Take care x
  • Posted

I have taken Zoloft so long for many years getting off of it I have numby feelings around my nose in my legs, hands does anybody else have this and how long does it last
  • Posted

Hi 2020,

Yep, I got off Sert and went on Mirt. Never looked back. First night I slept 10 hours. Took a few days to get over the grogginess, but then after it was smooth sailing. I guess my body can't take SSRIs. Mirt isn't an SSRI BTW. My current dose is 15mg. Takes the "edge" off my anxiety, helps me get a good night sleep AND I started CBT with a good psychologist. Hope Mirt works for you as well as it did for me!

Take care,

Hugo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.