Stopped the itching!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been reading the blog since I have had pruritis ani (rectal pruritis) for over 20 years.  I have recently been given treatment that has pretty much cured me for which I would like to share in hopes of helping anyone out there.  After years of trying every cream known to man, I was given halobetasol and I was instructed to stop using baby wipes since there is an ingredient in the wipes that can cause itching.  These two things combined have given be 1.5 months of complete resolve of the itching.  It didn't happen right away as it took maybe up to 2 weeks so be patient.  I am very happy to share this and hope that you all have the success that I have.  I truly never thought that I would get rid of this.  Good Luck!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How often did you have to apply it and for how long? That’s fantastic you’re cured! Is it a prescription cream?
  • Posted

HI so glad that has helped. It's a steroid I use the foam twice a day. It works very well.

its is a prescription. 

Thanks for the info! 

• Posted

I had what I call HBI (Horrible Butt Itch) for at least 20 years. It was horrible. I would constantly have to scrub my hands a morning under my nails obvious reasons. It Interrupted my sleep and I'd be embarrassed if I had company or shared the room with someone because I'd usually have to take care of the itching before I could sleep. I tried pretty much everything you could imagine to cure it or even reduce it but nothing was a cure. Cortaid with aloe was the only temporary fix but that too had its limits.

Then I decided to get my toenail fungus treated and the Dr. zapped them, gave me a topical treatment and prescribed terbinafine for a month. Next thing I know, it stopped - virtually within a few days or weeks... I'm not sure because I wasn't expecting it and I just kind of noticed. I didn't realize it at first but it had to have been the terbinafine. I swear that's what did it. I must have had some internal fungal infection that it cleared up nearly overnight. (And fixed my toenails too!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.