Stopped Working In 4 Weeks??

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

i started these 10mg 4 weeks ago. and initally had side effects but they worse off in the first 2 weeks. but now on week for im finding that im starting too feel anxious and worried again and started waking in the night again. like im going backwards. do you think my doc will  increase me dose to 20mg or do you think they just not working? 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I suggest that you search for and read about Escitalopram, a much more effective replacement for citalopram.

Aristotle

• Posted

Hello Turvell,

10mg is a low dose and if they were helping I'd suggest staying at that. However, after 4 weeks and you feel like this I would suggest revisiting your doctor to up the dose or enhance your recovery other weays either with CBT, diet and exercise and talking to positive upbeat people, beware 'friends' that suck the life out of you with their negativity, we all know some I call them vampires. Other people are very important in your recovery, make sure they are the right ones. Take care

• Posted

lost all my friends becasue of it. biggest problem is my job. its a hopless situation and it make me despair but cant afford to just leave. the guy i work for is a moron and talks so much crap and just piles me up with more work. the company rewards lazy sods who do nothing and craps all over the hard workers that hold it all together. my anxiety is through the roof
    • Posted

Hello Turvell,

Sadly your work problem is all too common. Chances are you are naturally hard and honest worker and people like you will always get crapped on. Unfortunately there is not a great deal you can do to change your basic personality and in any case why should you. You are obviously stressed out  and it never helps to work for morons it sort of doubles your problems. Nevertheless this is where we are and the other posts suggest Escitalopram, I have never heard of it because of the length of time I was on Citalopram no doubt. I would recommend you take their advice to get you over this pile of crap and look long and hard at what you can do to co-exist with your work situation, it is a very familiar one. Do hang on in there though, one thing I am sure of and it is that this will pass. Sorry I can't be more help but I think you are in the best place already on this forum with other people that understand you. Take great care

• Posted

Hi Turvell,

I took citalopram for  8 weeks and it didn't work.  I switched to Viibryd.

It is working for me.  Less side effects and I am planning to go back to work next week.  Good luck.  I know how hard this is.

• Posted

Hi Turvell,

I remember when you first started.  At 4 weeks, you are still very early on, and you can start to feel good changes, and feel like you are making steps forward, then feel like you have made a few steps backward.  I think that is what is happening now.  It is the Cital working on you, and is normal at this stage.  BUT, I would give your doctor a call, as you should keep them posted as to your progress anyway...all the ups and downs.  You have a good 4 more weeks ahead.  If you can hang in there, see where you are then, you and your doctor can either up your dose to 20 mg, or make a change if you both decide that is for you.  Just keep in mind...if you make a change, you will have to come off the Cital, slowly first...then start all over with a new medication...like you did in the beginning with Cital.  You will have to weigh those thoughts, and see what you want to do.  But do that with your doctor, and do it right.  Don't just stop taking the meds, as you will really have a heck of a time for sure.  Be very careful...Please!!  You take care Turvell!!  We are here for you!!!  Keep posting, you are not alone!!  Blessing and Prayers for you!!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you!  You have friends here!

• Posted

Hi Diedra 

thanks for been so nice to me. kindess of strangers is amazing. today i feel very sick and tense but it is been driven by the stress of this crazy meeting at work tomorrow. a mate of mine said to me that the real inllness here is the shocking company that you work for. she has a point. im just going to do my best to get through it then get my head down again. sad thing is if they knew i had a mental issues they would love that and use it against me. its terrible place and once im stronger i will leave. i think he will put me up to larger dose. i see him on the 20th. biggest problem is there is so many stressful events in my life i cant get away from it keeps me on the edge. a school friend dies yesterday which upset me too. with that the work thing and an operation on the horizon and a house move all i can see is stress an no fun or happiness. i used to be so happy once and its like i can see the old me but cant find my way back. thanks so much for talking to me and the HUG xx

• Posted

Hi Turvell,

Boy, you really do have a lot on your plate!!!  It would be too much for anyone, but for us with what we have to deal with, it is so much more.  I am so sorry you have to deal with all of this.  I am so very sorry about your friend passing too!!  Some bosses are real asses!  They think they are gods, and enjoy making people feel like dirt.  Actually, they are the ones that are dirt!  Think of it that way!  Just wait for the day you can tell them where they can go!!  You will feel the weight of the world go off your shoulders!!  What a day that will be for you!!

But until then, you can do this, just hang in there as best you can.  The meds are working on you, I know it doesn’t seem like it at the moment.  But, you have already seen it, as you have already started feeling it’s effects, even those darn steps backward mean it is working.  I hate that you have to go through it, but you WILL get through it all, and be all the better for it.  You take care Turvell!!  Bless You with Strength!!  {{{{Hugs!}}}  XO

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.