Stopping ALLMedication

Posted , 8 users are following.

My boyfriend had a MAJOR STROKE in Dec 2015. He remains paralyzed on his left side. His Dr. Stopped ALL medication even blood thinners, am I the only one who thinks this is WRONG?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would get a second opinion, one who doesn't work close to this doctor.  Even a third one if you have to.  If they all say the same thing then I would listen.  A blood thinner can keep him from another stroke; unless there's something they're not telling you.

• Posted

Hi Pam. Yes in some people who are high risk of stroke ie have hypertension, atrial fibrillation, high cholesterol,diabetes and/or previous stroke or heart attack  they can redue the risk of another or a first ever stroke. MaryPCL's boyfriend doesn't have any of these risk factors and his stroke happened because he had a bang to the head and a brain aneurysm.These risk factors/causes have now "gone", therefore he probably doesn't need the anti clotting drugs anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.