Stopping Cipramil

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey ,

I've been on cipramil(20mg) for about 7 years- since I was 24. I have tried to quit many times in the last 7 years but always ended up having to take it again. This time i am quitting it for good. I don't like being on it neutral or that I have to take it . I have been weening myself off for the last year and have just finished my first week without it. I feel really teary all the time but am learning & trying to control it.

I feel sick n tired most of the time n life is hard .

Wend

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

After the depressed and anxiety feeling I have experienced, I'm happy to take Cit forever if it stops me feeling this way. I have only been on Cit for 6 weeks and have just started to feel it working and I feel like it's saved my life.

I know it doesn't solve my problems, but it has helped me to get motivated to go back to work and get my life back together.

who knows I may feel different  in 6 months time and want to come off them, but for now I'm happy with the progress I'm making.

all I can say is, I hope it all works out for you in what ever decision you make.

I agree life is hard, and I feel the same way, just glad that we're not alone and this forum has given me hope.

Regards

Marcel smile

• Posted

Hi Wendy - the thought that occurs to me is what has changed? You have been on meds for some years and now want to come off them, but what has changed to make that possible? I know, I know, anything is possible, but is it realistic for you just now? If you are feeling really bad, perhaps go back one step in your process and take just a bit while you settle? Nothing wrong with taking your own time you know. You deserve it. Also take time to review what you've got in place to help you. Have you done CBT training, got some routine of physical exercise in place. Someone supportive to talk to. D.
  • Posted

I have been on cipramil for last 10 months. It allowed me to finally reclaim my life. I don't care if  I will need to take it for life if it keeps me well. Yes I can't believe I am taking it but if someone has diabetes they take insulin of paracetamol for a headache, so I view it like that. 
  • Posted

Hi All,

Thnks for your responses smile It is nice to know that you are not alone.

I have made my mind up that i no longer want to take the cipramil and would love to hear from anyone else who is attempting the same or has done it . There is no right or wrong time for me to stop taking the drug i figure, i just have to learn to control my emotions a little better from now on and deal with whatever the f this drug has done to my head. (goingot research it now). I would just rather prefer that i am dependant on a different drug rather than cipramil ie; chocolate smile or just cry its the most natural remedy there is for your pain . I look back on how/when/why i started cipramil ;/ and see that i just didnt get the right help which is virtually impossible for most. It took my doctor 30 minutes to put me on cipramil (not good, i think- even if it did help me)Basically the whole system is fd and would prefer alternative medicine.

CBT trainging sounds great smile and exercise is fantastic ! Also i will make an appointment to see my university councellor asap. Just having people to talk to and somewhere to go is making me feel better already.

I dont have a job at the moment i think this is adding to my depression greatly. I lost my licence a while back, so cannot drive for another 5 months - makes job hunting harder. I get so overwhelmed by my problems and misfortune, sometimes that i think i should just top myself ;/ . This crazy world !

W

• Posted

I'm poor too, i have no money. I'm an artist and hope to sell my work oneday. i look forward to finishing uni in another 18 months time and maybe then i will find a good job...  I think i just have too much free time at the moment and get lonely ?
  • Posted

Hi Wendy,

Have you spoken to your GP about lowering the dosage or perscribing you with a different drug?

Cit is not for everybody! 

Sounds like at this point it doesnt seem to be working for you. As David mentions in his below post, what has changed?

Talking to people I find helps a great deal (Especially your Uni Counsellor), Perhaps try some volunteer work to keep you active and busy or establish some sort of Routine for each day.

Dont give up, hang in there.

M smile

• Posted

Hi Mpeni,

Yes, i often think about volunteering somewhere, maybe i will do that & yep routine is something that i'm definitely working on.

Hanging in there biggrin

M

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

Hope you are alrightsmile

Glad to hear your still hanging in there smile

You love art right? Visit a local school or community centre

and ask if you could teach them some art for 30-60min once a week or more if you have some free time. Just a thought, You never know what that might lead to.

I read stories and do activities with kids at a school on my lunch break for 30-45 min

A great way to interact with people and take your mind of things.

Good luck smile

M

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.