Stopping Medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night I decided to stop taking my ad's as I don't think they are working for me anyway.  Will do this gradually as I've suffered the side effects of stopping them before.  This won't be the first time I've stopped them successfully, but how can they be working if I'm still feeling suicidal all the time?  Have tried others in the past, but with no success.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Love that's the don't thing u can do I know. Oz a have been where you have been ! It will just make you feel worse in the long term ! Pls go back on ure meds love ! Or go an seek help from ure gp ! Don't just stop them ureself love a am really worried about u !!!!!!!!
  • Posted

Please do not just stop taking your medication without speaking to your gp first. I started to reduce mine without gp advice. It was the worst mistake I could have made as I only realised they were actually helping me but I only realised this when I came off them. I completely went into meltdown and it was terrible starting them again as I had to endure all the side effects going back on them. Please speak to your gp before you do this it may be you need a different antidepressant.

💜

Take care

• Posted

Hi mami5

It really isn't going to help you just stopping the AD as you know Iin a few days time you will feel really ill. Although you have taken several AD' s in the past without success, don't give up on finding the right combination that WILL work for you. Please resume your AD and make an urgent appointment with your doctor and let them know this med is not doing its job. Don'tmake yourself more unwell by stopping your tabs. I know it all feels hopeless now, but you can turn this around.

god bless. .keep strong ♥

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.  I will reduce my meds gradually  to prevent unwanted side effect. Don't think stopping can make me feel worse than I do now, as already very suicidal.  No meds will change that.  There is no cure for BPD.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.