Stopping Mirtazapine 30mg and starting Fluoxetine 20mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on mirtazapine for 1 year 30mg, saw phychatrist because I was /am suffering from severe Anxiety and I have Bipolar.

I was told to reduce my dose for 7 days to 15mg and then stop it and start fluoxetine.

I took my last tablet last Wednesday and Friday and Saturday woke up at 5am and last night I woke up at 1am..... I am also taking 7.5mg Zopiclone!

I also feel sick, anxious and depressed.

Has anybody gone through this experience?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not surprised tapering that fast.

We have a support group for mirt withdrawals. Look for Toria Stockford on fb and she will add you.

• Posted

Yes Alia, its from d/c ing the mirt abruptly, in my opinion. May want to go back on 15mg and slowly taper down so you are more comfortable.
    • Posted

I was told by psychiatrist to do that as well. I’ve been crying all day dreading to go to sleep. Can I take mirtazapine and fluoxetine at the same time? X
    • Posted

Alia, be careful when taking both. Rarely serotonin syndrome can occur. You may want to google it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.