Stopping Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my 2nd attempt at stopping Started in May 2016 on 15mg then droped to 7.5mg a year later on wife's suggestion.

The sleep's been great during Mirta but i HATE the weight gain hence the stopping.

Dont know whats gonna happen its only been 2 days...

I"m hoping vigorous exercise plus natural drops for sleep from the organic health shop will help with the sleep...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i been on mirtazapine for a long time  for sleep but  on 15mg only gives me about 4 hours sleep, higher dose give me real bad anxiety but make me sleep.  so two weeks ago i thought i give CBD oil a  go ,convinced i'd be wasting  my money  as nothing has ever  worked in past with out sever side effects with prescription drugs and other things not working. to my surprise I've slept right through every night and my anxiety has dramatically improved, over the last two weeks I've been taking it. with no side effects and feeling much better in health generally and my  fibromialga a  lot better. i am totally amazed after year of insomnia and  severe anxiety. i'lll give it another week or two and i'm going to  try lower the mirtazapine dose

• Posted

hi its cannabis extract  oil with all the hallucinogenic properties and bad stuff associated with it removed  and is perfectly legal to buy  and use.   i am very against illegal drug so was very weary at first about it till i googled it and researched it, and found it is OK to buyand use. i got CBD

oil from CBD brothers on amozon 

• Posted

Keep us informed of your progress. Many others in same boat.

• Posted

I went cold turkey 9 days now was on it for about 3 years 15 mls at night oh my god ots been the worst experience of my life horrendous stay strong tapper down slowly you will struggle sleeping once of them because that’s what they help you for definitely see your GP I took Valium to help me although didn’t help much it was and has bern the worst 9 days of my life good luck tho king of you 
  • Posted

I also have ordered some hemp oil because I’ve Been diagnosed with fibromyalgia now only taking 7.5mg at night + pain medication for my pain I tried to come of this drug went 9 days and honestly thought I was going to die because my doctor wanted me to start milcipran i will keep you posted if the hemp oil works for me 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

I've gone cold turkey, I can't stand the weight gain and continuous need to eat. Also I had awful nightmares I dreaded going to sleep. Fingers crossed all will be well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.