Stopping of B12

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

my mum has had pernicious anemia for approximatley 50 years and has been on B12 for most of this. Her gp has now told her that her B12 is normal and they are now stopping her injections after all this time though she has lots of medical problems. has anybody come across this before and is this normal for a gp to do? My mum is still very tired and fatigued. thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

YES , some doctors believe you will stay at the normal number after you have reached it. But soon your mum's numbers will start to fall. I have had PA for 30 years, I give myself an injection every 10 days. I hope you can convince your GP that could be a mistake , Good luck and GOD bless.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi,

Please check blood:

cheaper version:

CBC

Vitamin B12

Homocysteine (for controlling B12 functions)

Potassium

Iron

liver tests (enzymes+bilirubin)

expensive (for controlling B12 functions):

• methylomalonic acid
      • holoTranscobalamin

Then try a combination of hydroxy- methylo- adeno- -cobalamins

At the same time try diet enriched in potassium and iron as well as some amount of supplements: potassium cirtate or gluconate , iron (don't know what kind - all of them can be hard for digestive), zinc

Which one of B12 is in your shots?

Repeat "cheaper version" after 1-2 month of treatment.

be careful with iron supplement.

Pozdrawiam,

Przemek

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up