stopping quetiapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone stopped quetiapine safely and successfully , i have been withdrawing now for 3 months was on 150 mg a day now down to 25mg , not sure how fast to withdraw the last 25mg ,do ido every other day half the tablet for how long , anyone had any experience withdrawing ,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I would love to ask you a couple questions about your experience on quetiapine.

1. why are you going down in medicine amounts

2. what side effects are you or did you experience

I am on it now and have been taking 25mg x2 every night for insomnia.  Would love to hear your experinces.

• Posted

thanks for your reply ,are am reducing my quetiapine as it doesnt agree with me , i have been on it for about 4 months started at 150 mg and have reduced down to 25mg once in the evening , i found that i could not function on it , i felt so tired all day it alsomade me feel sick in the mornings and to be honest i felt more depressed on it , since i have started withdrawing the side effects have felt the same on the lower dose as it did on the higher dose , i dont think this is the sort of drug you want to be on for insomnia as it is a psychotic drug and real should only be given to people with scitzo , and also is a hardcore drug and can be very hard to withdraw from , it defo knocks you out i think to much and its hard to function , hope this helps how long have you been on them 
  • Posted

Hi Terry, about four weeks. Im bipolar and ADHD the Quetiapine helps with my Anxiety and panic attacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.