Stopping Seroquel 50mg?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I don’t have bipolar, schizophrenia etc., any of the ailments seroquel is used for. I have been taking it for about 6 months as a sleep aid (a bit strange I know). I’ve found that it does absolutely nothing except knocks me out...no lessening or bettering of moods etc. All that’s happened is I’ve gained weight. I was just wondering if I could stop taking it? I’m fine with withdrawals as long as they’re not mental y’know. Just started Luvox btw, which is the only thing helping me!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh sorry I forgot to mention, I take 25-50mg a night. I was also given it for PNR uses but all it does it make me tired, so I’d rather not have it in my system if it’s doing nothing haha.
  • Posted

I'd go back and discuss with your doc so they know it's not helping then start to come off. I'd not rush the withdrawal process even from such a small amount. I found it pretty unpleasant withdrawing but had been on a much higher dose and for a couple of years.

• Posted

not strange. its the pharmaceutical answer to over the counter sleep aid. You will gain a ton of weight and its hard to take off. You will notice your eating patterns have not changed, but that your body just hangs on to everything! You should never ask a forum of strangers for advice like... should you stop taking it? this is best left to your doctor and you to decide. Not total strangers who dont know your body. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.