Stopping smoking HELP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hiya everyone, I'm just about to give up smoking, (Wednesday), the truth is I'm bricking it, ive tried so many times before, but feel NOW the time is right.

I guess what I need is something like this forum to come onto to get help from people who have gone through the withdrawals etc.

Will come on here from time to time to get advice or just to vent if that's ok by everyone

Wish me luck and roll on Wednesday 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My quit day is tomorrow.  I hope you are staying strong.   This is my first time trying to use online support.....

Are you using a patch?  I plan on buying one in the morning........

• Posted

try gp stop smoking support do patches minimum of 8 weeks. vape if you really have too at a very low strength nicotine. stop vaping after 12 to 29 weeks as I do not believe vaoe additives are safe.. then stop vaping before this becomes a habit also. this way is guaranteed to make you quit if you remain strong. the difficult bit is,staying quit as it takes a long time to feel better with some people.

• Posted

Hey Mick,

hows it going? did you manage to quit?

The hardest is the first 3 weeks. You hang in there, try eating something at that instant you wanna smoke. Like peanuts or something sweet. It helps.

Stay STRONG!

• Posted

No sorry everyone haven't managed to stop, however will try again on jan 1st, did learn a lot from my last attempt so wish new luck

• Posted

What did you learn? Would you share?

And what happen that made you start again?

• Posted

good luck. remember is just getting through the first 8 weeks on NRT then just stop and be strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.