Stopping statins

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently stopped taking statins , 80mg atorvastatin and 10mg ezetimibe for personal reasons. I have been off for about a week and have struggled with pangs of stomach pain and loose stools to the point i am scared to eat anything , is this normal for coming off statins or is my problem not related at all . Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

emma, are you feeling better? Ezetimibe works in the gut, that may be the likely suspect. I have taken taken various statins and stopped Rosuvastatin about a week ago with no gastric upset. Hope you are well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.