stopping tamsulin and finestrade

Posted , 8 users are following.

hiya all my husband was taking tamsulin every morning but hes stopped taking them after 7 months to see if the flow was better, which it is he also takes finstrade tablets every night but hes still left with the sensation that its not quite emptied yet well without sounding rude the sensation is like there is stilll a little bit of urine left in his penis end this happens problem every other day just in mornings sometimes.he had blood test done psi and it had gone down quite a lot he was wondering if he stopped the finestrade tablets these sensation would go away 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

finasteride takes quite some time to work. I would say it took 6 months to work.  If your husband stops taking it I would guess his prostate will start growing again. The sensation of urine in bladder may be urine that is being retained after urination. His urologist can do an ultrasound to see how much he is retaining. It could be a UTI also
  • Posted

He could have overactive bladder too - which gives the sensation that you need to go when you actually don't. he should be checked to see if he's retaining too much.

• Posted

Take my comment for what it's worth; have him nix the caffeine and alcohol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.