Stopping Trazadone. Need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've been taking 12.5 mg of trazadone since June for sleep recently my dr. also increased abilify to 4 mg. I cut down on the trazadone for 2 weeks to 6 mg and then stopped. Lately I've had heightened anxiety and depressive times. How long will the withdrawals from trazadone last?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it has to do with how long you were on it, the amount you were on, and how quickly you come off.

I was at 75mg and started weaning march/17

As of a couple of days ago, I no longer take it

• Posted

I also found that when I dropped dose at higher amounts that was easier..  As my doses became smaller and smaller, the side affects were worse.  Not saying that will happen to you, but it did for me.  I could drop from 75mg to 50 mg with hardly no problem, but trying to drop   from 12.5My to 8 mg etc  was way harder. 
  • Posted

12.5mg reduced to 6mg is such a small dose, that I’m surprised it had any effect at all, let alone any problems with withdrawals.

I was taking 300mg at night and decreased by 50mg weekly. After six weeks I stopped completely without any side effects.

I thought the minimum dose was 50 mg, obviously I was wrong.

• Posted

Hello there,

Just wondered how you are doing with the traz withdrawals

• Posted

Hi Danny,

Just wondered how you are doing now with the trazadone withdrawals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.