Story in the news

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have you read the story about Georgia Davis from Wales? The poor girl is 17 years old and weighs over 40 stone. She really needs help and quickly. She did go to a boot camp in America and lost a lot of it but when she returned home she put it all back on (and more). I know I can't but I would really like to help her.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've read it every time shes been in the news, i can't believe shes gone from 18st to 40 in a year, did you see what she eats though? 2 snickers at a time, copious amounts of biscuits, cake, crisps, coke and most days she has a double portion of fish & chips for lunch! In the article today it said she cant afford the gym but surely she can if she can buy all of that food! Its very sad and it doesnt seem like she has the support of the family or medical professionals - and no follow up from the fat camp she went to when she lost all that weight
  • Posted

makes you wonder where she gets the money from for all that food and cigarettes, she can't be working and as she says she has lunch with her mum I think her mum has to take some blame for her weight gain. She has proved she can lose the weight so she should be given the support she was given in USA to help her. Plus it will cost the NHS less to help her now than further down the line
  • Posted

Sounds like she needs help getting to the root of the problem otherwise she'll yo yo all her life. As others have said, there should have been follow up after fat camp. It does amaze me though, again like others, everytime I see these programmes, where does the money come from for all that food??!! I certainly couldn't afford to eat all that.
  • Posted

I agree I couldn't afford to buy all that food and like you said she can't be getting any support. Any body seen the programme on . tv on Monday nights? I 've only managed to see some of the beginnings of them but they were told off for not losing any or much weight one week even though they are doing loads of training and as far as I know nothing as been said bout losing inches and tht muscle weighs more than fat. Another thing I don't like is some of the challenges they have been set . For example they were encouraged to eat chocolate eggs by telling them tht 4 had a voucher for a £1 in them and another had a voucher for a thousand pounds !. I think it's disgusting!
  • Posted

Trying Hard I assume you are talking about The Biggest Loser. It's been on in the USA and Australia for years and I'm hooked to those, but don't like the UK one much. I like Davina as a person but in the other countries thay have someone who has struggled with their own weight and so can empathise with the contestants. I agree that sometimes they should say more about inch loss and not just weight but again, in the other countries they go a lot more into the health side, BMI, etc and show the cimprovement in peoples health as they go through the show.

The challenge you mention is called temptation and whilst it seems disgusting it's about helping them to learn to resist tempation when they come out of the show and back to their home lives.

At the end of the day though I guess it's like any other show, it's designed to get as many people watching as posible.

• Posted

I understand what you are saying but it's the fact that they were told there was a thousand pounds in one of the eggs - I think most of us would be tempted a thousand pounds is alot of money! It sounds like the versions in the other countries are better than this one.
  • Posted

Georgia Davis is going to be on This Morning tomorrow (Wednesday).
  • Posted

lucky I'll be out as I'll probably end up shouting at the TV

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.