Strabismus surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had strabismus surgery 8 months ago. After the surgery I was left with a scar (I attached a picture), pain and the eye sometimes look bigger.

My question is, does anyone understand what this scar is? Maybe there was a mistake in the surgery?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hallo I think its called a Dellen and its a possible side effect of Strabismus surgery.Im guessing you have been using lubricating drops or ointment after the surgery?Was this seen at your follow up appointment? I think it should be checked out with your ophthalmologist. Its not dangerous but he/she should be able to give you some advice and recommendations. It should be noted in your medical records at least.If you are in UK ask your doctor to refer you back to the ophthalmologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.