straightening my back? Pain when laying down?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, my name is Samantha and i'm 16. For about 3-4 years I've had back pain all the time, and sometimes to the point I couldn't even walk. Besides the pain I can not straighten my back. I can only do so if im sitting or laying with my legs in the air. I can do it while standing but its uncomfortable. Also when i'm laying down it hurts and I hold my breath until the pain goes away. Everytime i've seen a doctor about my back i've been told nothings wrong. My family doctor, walk-in.  Can someone please help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is unacceptable esp given your age.

Has anyone taken a sample of urine to exclude any possible urine infection? Have u been examined by a gtnaecologist to exclude any gynaecological condition that may cause backache/

Has anyone checked your vitamin D or B12 levels or done a bone profile?

Are you lacking in any diet thatmay cause a deiciency of nutrients causing a bone disease such as osteomalacia?

​All of the above are treatable so please do not get alarmed. Take care. Come back here and let us know your plan of action..

Have u been ssessed by a physioherapist?

How can u be expected to tolerate this ithout a diagnois or any answers?

• Posted

what tests if any have been done? Have you had an MRI scan or even an x ray?

Can u find a dr to give you a second opinion?

• Posted

No, they feel up and down my spine and tell me im fine. I've had the same problem with my knees and ankles.  the feel around where the pain is and tell my i'll be fine. I can't kneel it hurts too much and i'm ow legged. the only thing they told me was that my knee cap ay be rubbing because on't have proper shoes

• Posted

Samanha

​You may be suffering from a vitamin D disorder. This is treatable with Vitamin D3 supplements as there is not sufficient in your diet.

Re getting appropriate tests done. Is there any way your High school can help out with the cost etc.

• Posted

Samantha

I have sent you a PM. Have u logged onto the vitamin D council?

• Posted

Samantha I am really sorry to hear that you are having too deal with this at such a young age. It is very difficult when it's your parent's insurance and money that dictate your health. But you may need to be a little outspoken with them. I'm not suggesting that you be disrespectful just let them know that this situation needs to be addressed more aggressively. As some of the issues that Jane spoke of, you might want to have those checked out. I would want to start with the ob/gyn you need to stop thinking strictly back and think more broadly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.