strained muscle in shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've injured my shoulder cant even lift my arm to do my hair any tips please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Rest your shoulder, put ice compress and call your doctor about taking over the counter pain medicine. The pain should subside in a few days. 

When the pain is gone, Work with your doctor or athletic trainer to improve your fitness to avoid straining it again.

If after two weeks, the pain is not subsiding, call your doctor again and ask for further examination including possible x-rays or MRI.

• Posted

Alternate ice packs and heat packs. Give your shoulder ample rest. Avoid sleeping on the injured side, no pressure on your shoulder at all. Avoid raising your arm overhead. Don't lift anything heavy. Apply pain relieving gels.

If it doesn't improve, get physical therapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.