Strange

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am writing to ask your advice or opinion about some symptoms I have had for the last 4 days. 4 days ago I started to have, suddenly, an intense but bearable pain, in the lower back area, especially in the left side. After some time, the pain was spreading all over my back (lower zone) but I felt the most intense pain on the left side. I also started to feel pain on the left side (low area) of my abdomen, it seemed that the pain in my back was radiating to my abdomen. At the same time, I started to have some diffuse pains and some movements in my abdomen (I suppose of the intestines), very similar to the menstrual pains (I have been in menopause for about 7 years). I have to say that normally, I am very, very constipated but with the bowel movements I had these days, I went to the bathroom twice a day and without problems. Well, because the back pains were waking me up at night, I went to the Emergency Room, where after having urine tests, blood tests and an X-ray, they told me that it is simply flatulence.They gave me some pills to eliminate the gas and others for the pain. When I arrived at the ER, they saw some bruises on the left side of my back, where I felt the most pain. They asked me if I had been hit, I told them no, but that in general I have been predisposed to bruises for years (I suppose because of the poor blood circulation I have always had). Anyway, I came home with the pills, the pain has decreased but now I see that the left flank of the hip is a little more swollen than the right one. Also now it has started to itch and I feel the area went numb. At the same time, my little finger of my left hand went numb, too. So, I would like to have a doctor's opinion, please, about what might be the cause of my symptoms. Thank you very much for reading my post and I look forward to your response. May we have good health and stay safe! Thank you!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.