Strange back pains, standing is a problem?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not sure if I'm the same as others with CFS, but I've now started with back pains?... bottom of my ribs down, to the point where I can't stand long as by back just hurts like its going to cramp, and sat here now, its like I want to crack it if I could? It clicks like mad for the past 12 months, and is getting worst by the week now?..

I also have tight chest and breathing is tight at times.. tired as hell, can sleep anytime but I wake up still tired etc.. but its my back thats the problem.. just feel like in 6 months I'll not be walking?? anyone recognise this at all..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi JDB,

I have back issues too but, I would say go to GP and ask for referral to physio. make sure they know of the cfs.

When you have cfs/ me , the physio told me that, your core muscles are weak and these support your back. I often can't walk well and that's why I asked to see physio. also gave me exercise for hips to strengthen this area.

Beverley

• Posted

Thanks for that, but I'm on my 4th Phsio now, two private, two NHS and its not working. It's like my muscles are just fading away and I can't re-build them chose how hard I try...

does that sound like CFS?....

• Posted

Hi again JDB,

I thought you were saying you had cfs/me and was wondering about the back issue.

Did you have a trigger such as virus/trauma of some sort?

Ask your gp for a referral to cfs/me clinic if in the UK as you have had these issues for 12 months now. you'll need to have a blood test before to rule out other things first.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi

I had m.e for a number of years and then started to develop back pain which lead to joint pain, it was more an aching/tightness than pain, worse in the mornings it was like I had been over exercising (not sure if that's the same for you?) I have found through trial and error and I think it could be the same for a lot of people - inflammation of the joints, toxin build up from certain food/drinks, stress and other daily environmental effects.

If you haven't already read up on inflammation, have a look into it to rule it out, certain foods are what does it for me, now Iv cut out the culprits, my aching, pain has gone. It may also be worth looking into magnesium/potassium levels and epsom bath salts.

Best wishes

• Posted

Not sure if you have ME/CFS with back pain or back injury but for either you could try the Alexander Technique rest position which helps release tension and re-align the body, the yoga corpse position with small cushion under your head and pillow under your knees, gentle yoga stretches or guided meditations to reduce stress and relax your muscles.

• Posted

Many thanks for all your replies.. I was diagnosed with MS at 25.. but then it got better and kind of went away? Now at 55 and I've been feeling like its back for about 7 years now... they call it CFS now... but its like its in my muscles .. was in my front but its slowly gone into my back, but now its gone up and down so I'm finding my back hard work at the moment... it may move on I hope, but I'm sure even if it does, my back will be left at 75% of what it was (does anyone elses move about like this?.. may take 18 to 24 months.. but my front is not bad now?)

I quite like your thoughts on inflamation of the joints / muscles.. its not joints for sure, its muscle where the ache is.. as you say, its more like an ache and sometimes if I place my hand on it, it's releaved (until i take my hand away). I did get a lot of back burning either side of the spine a few months ago, but not too bad now.. its just like week muscles that are just about to cramp. got to say, better AM and gets worst as the day goes on......

Interested in what you've cut out of your diet though. I know everyone is not the same, but I've tried all sorts of things... can you advise what you've done?

I will try the position you say.. I go to Pilates once a week and have tried Yoga, but the downward dog is no good for my reflux LOL...

The doc has given up on me.. she has no idea... can tell me what it isn't, just not what it is...

Great to post anyway.. and again, thanks for your comments!

• Posted

sorry, just want to add that I get a lot of clicking of joints.. I can make my back click for fun some days, not as much others.. but this started about 12 months before the pain when into it... not sure if this gives any more clues?

I also get fog, tight chest, no memory, concentration, always tired ...get hot and sweat a lot... in fact, trying to do anything now results in 15 mins max, warm and very sweaty, then have to rest and probably fall asleep...

good job I don't have a physical job or I'd be sacked by now 😃

• Posted

this is interesting. During the summer when my symptoms were increasing i kept getting lower back pain but thought it was the wrong shoes, lack of stretching.

i can also get my back to click!

• Posted

do you also get fog, tight chest, no memory, concentration, always tired ...get hot and sweat a lot.

but most of all, muscles burning / tightness / sore like they are brused?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.