Strange beats weeks after ablation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Are these PVC's? I was sitting and all of a sudden I felt how my heart goes out of rhythm. It started to flutter and felt like skipped beats, and for a few moments I couldn't feel my pulse on my neck. Then felt a few skipped beats and went back to normal. It was so scary. During it I measured my pulse with an app, it said 77, but I don't know did it measured good. But after the whole thing I measured my bp and all was good. I'm 10 weeks post ablation and I have more of these strange flutterings than before the procedure. There are periods when I'm totally good, and then times where my heart is crazy.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have heard and read that this little blips are quite common post ablation.

I have gone for 3 attempted ablations. But never been ablated. I get some really funky stuff happening. A lot of the time I have just eaten, My stomach will become full of gas and bloating, and the beast come out

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! My ablation was successful. I was bloated yesterday when that happened. I made the mistake and ate some sweet stuff even though I felt gas in my abdomen. And after that I felt those strange beats. No any other symptoms. It's really scary because, like I've mentioned above, prior the procedure I never experienced this. It's frustrating.

• Posted

yes these are ectopic beats (PVCs) that almost everybody is experiencing after ablation! I did my ablation in late march, 2019 & am still experiencing them almost on daily basis with good & bad days! VERY FRUSTRATING as I didn't have them before the procedure! From my research, it takes a while for the heart to fully heal after the ablation, but they do ease up after one year! Wish my doctor warned about them upfront; I wouldn't have done the ablation & stayed on medical therapy...

• Posted

Yes, it's really frustrating! Neither did my doctor tell me about this, and that's why it's really scary because I wasn't prepared for this. I knew that a little skippings and palps can occur, but this is some next level poop. When these hit it's not only skipped beats, but skipped beats in a row. It takes my breathe away. Hope it's nothing more serious, not some other arrhythmia. Have you talked about this with your doctor? If so, what did he/she said?

• Posted

of course I talked to my doctor about it & he did holter monitor for me sevetal weeks after the ablation revealing multiple ectopics mostly pvcs & he said its low burden & don't worry about them & they should settle with & try to reduce stress!!! unfortunately I'm approaching 8 months now post ablation & I see no signs of settling down!

• Posted

He catched something similar to mine, where there were more in a row and said that it's low burden? It's a bit reassuring, but still really scary when it happens. How can you manage everyday life with it? I feel like I can't do anything because of the fear of them happening in a row...

• Posted

try not to concentrate your mind on them & move on with your daily life as if they don't exist especially that they are benign arrythmia even if they occur in a row. Also minimize stress & walk for 60 minutes every day! This should help a lot! I think from what I am reading on the patients forums that we need to wait for up to one year for the ectopics to settle down!

• Posted

Hi all!

So I am 4 days post ablation and am feeling pretty good however my heart is doing a hell of a lot of flip flopping and I can feel it beating quite a lot and sometimes I feel the need to cough.

I had a checkup yesterday at my doctors to make sure the catheter site in my groin is healing okay (it is) and she had the nurse do an ECG seeing I was experiencing these sensations. No A fib, blood pressure was fine and pulse was perfect so diagnosis was just the heart healing.

It seems I may not be the only one experiencing this and I have to say although I was expecting some palp's afterwards this is more than what I expected. The only other thing is that I have an anxiety and panic disorder and I feel this isn't helping as I don't experience them when I am asleep. The other thing which is incredibly weird is that when I take my first mouthful of food they stop for a few hours!! Very strange.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.